How often do you weigh?

Options
I face my scale every Friday first thing in the morning au'natural, but I see lots of women doing multiple times a week. What are your weigh-in times?

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I just broke down and bought a scale, so I'm going to try once a week, though I forgot this morning. I won't lie though, I usually hop on the scale once a day, I just don't stress over the fluctuation.
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've started weight training over the past 2 weeks, so to avoid discouragement I've been doing measurements instead of weighing. I have only been weighing myself once a month.
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I was originally weighing in 1 time a week (on Tuesday---just because that was the day I started).

Lately, I've been weighing in every morning. Mostly because I realize that my weight fluctuates during the week, and I wanted to see the pattern. I've been posting daily because I want the graph to show the up and down progress.

(And I weigh in first thing in the morning--after peeing---with no clothes on.)
  • Aellyn
    Aellyn Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    (And I weigh in first thing in the morning--after peeing---with no clothes on.)

Me too. My weigh in day is usually Saturday morning unless we are going to be gone then I weigh in on Friday or Sunday depending on what the weekend holds.
  • cindylu35
    cindylu35 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Every morning, usually about 1/2 hr after I wake up and go to the ladies room. :P I don't stress over fluctuations either. I know as long as I keep doing what I'm doing, it will EVENTUALLY go down because I know I'm burning more calories than I'm eating every day! :)
  • grho
    grho Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in every morning, right when I wake up. I don't stress out over a little up and down, and when I stop weighing every day is when I start to get off track...
  • Tansy98
    Tansy98 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I weigh in officially on a Sunday morning, but usually will also weigh myself once a day as well just to make sure I'm keeping on track... just in case lol :)
  • JakiDee
    JakiDee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sunday mornings after I brush my teeth. More often than that would drive me crazy.
  • deprek
    deprek Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I started weighing once a week. Then I decided twice a week was good and then I started every other day and then went to every day. There are days I skip or just don't feel like it but I generally hop on the scale just to see where I come in. I don't log gains and sometimes I'll wait until I see a number twice before logging a loss. I went almost a month without a loss and it was frustrating but the scale is moving again so it's easier to get on there everyday
  • DisappearingTwinkie
    DisappearingTwinkie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It is interesting to see everyone's preference. I think I may stick to my Friday morning Nekkid weigh in :) I understand the wanting to see the fluctuations. I did that before so I could see the pattern my body took and figure out my nightly "gain" fluctuation.
  • emilym820
    emilym820 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I weight in every morning, but I don't get freaked out about the fluctuations. I often eat dinner late and/or don't drink enough water, so I know that it doesn't mean I'm gaining fat. I find I am more accountable when I know I am going to weigh every morning. When I know I've been naughty, that's when I try to avoid the scale.
  • DisappearingTwinkie
    DisappearingTwinkie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I used to be naughty, face the scale and then yell at the scale for being a terd :) Now while logging I cant really do that lol
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Pretty much exactly what Julie said. I started weighing in daily because I was getting really weird weekly amounts - sometimes nothing, sometimes small, sometimes huge loss. By weighing in naked each morning I can see the pattern of how I lose and how my actions effect my loss (for example, a hard cardio session at the gym usually means I'll lose the next morning). I can also see how once I lose I almost always hold that exact weight for a few days unless I do another huge cardio session and lose again. I log each loss so I can track it, and because I know if my weight goes up again from that weight it'll just be water or not a real gain of fat, I'm exercising too much and sticking to my calories so my body has no way of gaining fat.
  • beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily Monday through Friday. I wear the same clothes so I have a consistent weight. I like to be accountable to myself and a daily weigh in helps me do that. It also helps me be aware of the little things I do that can have a daily impact on my weight....too much sodium, not enough water, etc.
  • Terri_terri
    Terri_terri Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I weigh once a week. Sometimes I'll wait 2 weeks especially if its that TOM.
  • Blakelynn3
    Blakelynn3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I can't help it. It keeps me on track. If I see the scale creeping up, I'm more careful with my diet.
  • antitek
    antitek Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Once a week usually but the scale I was using belonged to my husbands grandmother. She was staying with us for the winter. It moved out when she did. I gots to by me a new scale. I would get the slick one that just beams my weight to MFP but there are sometimes I want to weigh in the next day because I know I've got some water or something doing one of those 3-5 lb weight swings.
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Every day. I don't record unless there is a loss...