Sunday 4/28 commitment and reflect over last week

Options
krk5235
krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
We have been granted another great day folks! What are your plans for today, what are your goals that you will achieve? Sunday a day of reflection, so take time to review this past week. What did you do that helped you achieve your goals this week, and then where did you fall short. Then:
First of all give yourself a pat on the back for your hard work, do a happy dance especially in front of your kids to reassure them your still crazy, and use this momemtum going into this coming week.
Second, where did you come up short, what could you do to re-assure yourself that this wont become a pattern in keeping yourself from achieving your future goal.
Third: We only have 2 months one week left, get determined to live your promise of improving yourself for you, your family, and everyone around you! I promise that I will work hard to lose at least 2 pounds per week (sorry metric people, I dont know what that equates to in Kilos) I promise that to me, to you, and my family and friends.
OK, so ends my Sunday Sermon!! It is a great day, go out and make it even better all, have fun and appreciate what you are doing!

Replies

• Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Well I must say it was a pretty good week. I was able to control my sugar cravings and I pushed myself to work out extensively for six days instead of five. However, I'm struggling to increase my water consumption and I'm having health problems because of that so I hope this week I can make changes.

I'm so happy I joined this group because everyone seems motivated and will definitely reach their goal. Have a great sunday everyone. Also, remember this 'Persevere and you will definitely succeed':happy:
  • babyblackbutterfly
    Options
    As I reflect upon the past week, I am happy and pleased with the results.
    Starting to feel better about myself, but can definitely make more changes that will help me on my journey.
    I need to do more strength training and core work. I feel great about my amount of time on the treadmill, but need to do more incline and intervals.
    Came upon the following quotes to help: "Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process..."
    "Rather than aiming for being perfect, aim to be just a little bit better today than you were yesterday..."
    Here is to another great week!!
    BBB
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I did well most of the week. Met my goal most days, planned my meals ahead of time and ate according to plan. Then Thursday a crisis at work caused things to derail a little. I got take out because I was working late and did not get enough exercise on Friday. i still lost 1.5 lbs.

I think I am going to build in 2 days with half the workout goal as the others.

For today I am going to walk 10,000 steps and climb 5 floors.
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Reflecions on Week 1:

Well I think I did well in Week 1. I increased my water intake daily and I also got outside and walked (even if it was around my driveway) to get my daily step goals. I think I stuck to my plan and had some slip ups, but I think that overall I did well. I will say that everyone around me has noticed a difference with wanting to lose weight and getting motivated to do so. I think I am also getting my friends who are overweight to make life style changes too! I planned dates with friends to go walking on Wednesday and Thursday, so I am really excited about that. I also feel like my general mental health is improving too! I can not wait to get started with Week 2!!!

Goals for Week 2:
    -Drink at least 8 cups of water daily
    -Walk 12,000 steps everyday
    -Go to the gym 1 time (I haven't been in a couple weeks!)

Em

26406650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

**I've actually lost more weight than this prior to joining MFP. I started this weight loss journey the week of July 4th, 2012 at 298 and a size 24. Now I'm 247 and a size 20! 50 pounds lost!!!**
  • sophieburningham
    sophieburningham Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Reflections on week 1:

I've worked hard this week with my exercise, but I am disapointed in myself for food for a couple of the days this week. On Tuesday I had my treat day and went overboard all day, rather than just the one meal I knew I would be having. The next day I then had a few treats through the day and ate more than I should have. I kept the exercise going on these two days, but I can't help thinking my 2.5 pounds would be more if not for those two days. I also went out yesterday lunch time with my family, but couldn't eat quite as much as normal so ended up leaving chips and the bread bun for the chicken I had. Which was good. I also made sure what I ate the rest of the day was snack size rather than meal size as normal.

On the positive side, I'm finding I can't eat as much as I used to be able to eat, my portion sizes are smaller and filling as well. I've also cut out bread, but allowing that to be my treat for Sundays, I can only manage one slice before feeling full and a bit sick in my stomach but I don't miss it. (Been replacing it with wraps and crackers etc)

I'm excited for week 2, I'm going to try and up the intensity of my work outs and aim for a higher goal with swimming now that I can do 20 lengths in a quicker amount of time. Hopefully next Sunday either the inches or weight will reflect this ^.^

Goals for Week 2:

Swim 25 lengths on Monday and Friday
    Reach my calorie goal rather than being too much under it (or over)
    Do both gym workouts to the full program that I have been set
    Get up earlier in the mornings to give me time to have a full breakfast rather than a rushed one.
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    Week 1:
    I think it was a really good week. I persevered and worked out an additional 2 times when I kept trying to find excuses not to work out. I ate ok protein wise but need to focus more on veggies. My digestive system has been reminding me of this since Friday. I was more involved in the message boards reading other people's successes, triumphs, and obstacles. This made me focus more than anything else. Stuck to my sweet treat day being Saturday even when I wanted to get cookies during the week. That piece of key lime cake yesterday was more than worth the wait.

Week 2:
    1. More veggies
    2. More weight lifting
  • FlowersInTheDirt
    FlowersInTheDirt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Reflection over week 1:
    I started off the week quite badly and have written off Monday and Tuesday completely :embarassed: Wednesday was my turning point when I realised that nothing will change if I carry on the way I was going!
    I finally think I have managed to get on track and stop snacking on rubbish in between meals. I'm trying to eat healthy snack when I am genuinely hungry between meals. I've worked really hard at the gym and I am now booked in to 4 body attack classes a week!
    I've managed to make my portion sizes smaller (they where ridiculously huge before) and made sure that I stop eating when I'm full whether my plate is empty or not.

My goals for week 2:
    Stick to my calories and try and avoid foods that are high in fat and sugar and fill up on proteins instead.
    Stick to my gym schedule and really go for it!
    Drink 8 classes of water a day! (I'm due that most of my snacking is due to thirst rather than hunger!)
    And most of all: EMBRACE THE CHANGE AND ENJOY IT!
  • mcwdvm
    mcwdvm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Last week was really good for me. Things seemed to slip into place with my diet without having to fight many cravings. I find that weeks go like this- easy one then hard the next.
    I exercied every day except friday when a really long work day got in the way. The weather was gorgeous here yesterday and I got a 6 mile run in which I haven't done in a while.
    This week I am looking forward to a clean diet- no white flour or sugar, and 5 days of exercise. Today I plan on a run and some interval training, although I am on call for the day so we'll see how it goes.
    Thanks to everyone on this team- you are all very motivating and your posts keep me going. Have a great week.
  • nicf76
    nicf76 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I feel good about week 1, I think that any weight lost is a good thing. I was shocked and excited about the 2.6 I did lose. I worked hard getting in my exercise everyday and staying within my calories.

For week 2 I want to start snacking more on veggies and fruit. I will stay the same with the exercise, maybe try to get to the gym more to do some weights. It's been nice out and I hate to be in the gym when the sun is shining, have all winter to be there!

I want this losing thing to keep happening, so I need to really be aware when I am making food decisions!

Happy losing everyone!!!! :tongue:
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Week 1: Went really well! I am at the point where I look forward to moving my body every day, whether it's going on a hike or a walk/jog. Sticking to my calories has not been a chore. I'm learning that if I make healthy decisions, I can still satisfy my need to eat lots of delicious food. I don't feel deprived. My state of mind is positive, motivated and I'm happy with my progress. Very thankful for all my friends on MFP! Logging in everyday and seeing others that are working toward similar goals is so very encouraging. It's helping to keep me in the proper mindset.

Week 2: I plan on continuing to make healthy choices for my body - eating well and moving my body. This week I'm starting 30DS. *cue scary music* If anyone is interested in joining us, we have a group starting May 1.

For this beautiful Sunday, I plan on continuing with C25K and staying within my calories. If I can convince my husband to clean the bbq, perhaps we'll be able to enjoy a healthy grilled dinner! :laugh:
  • KathleenSweetie
    KathleenSweetie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Week 1 was riddled with plateaus but ended as a good week for me. Found ways to incorporate healthy sugars in my day in ways that didn't throw me into a craving. Discovered grapeseed oil isn't as friendly as I thought and I'm going back to olive oil. Pushed myself to walk further... even challenged myself to a long bike ride.

Week 2 goals include more fish, Learning more about natural detox drinks, & Keeping exercise fun each day.
  • krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    WOW, what great reading these posts are gang!! The determination and plans that I have just read are awesome and inspiring. I didnt know what I was going to do today because i had a lot of clean up in my yard to do and I knew i was going to have to mow the yard which takes 3 or 4 hours. BUT after reading the above, I am going to get the heck back outside and take a hike! You guys are inspiring and motivational; not only to yourselves but to me too!!! THANKYOU.
  • curses7
    curses7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Week one wasn't the greatest food-wise. It's tough to make the right food choices at restaurants and if clients want to take you to dinner it's bad form to say no. Even the salads are out to get you at some of these places.

Exercise wise it was OK. Managed to get some decent cardio in and made it to the gym for weights a couple of times. I was even able to run 1/4 mile in my walk yesterday! If my knees and ankles had been a bit more accommodating I would have been able to run farther.
  • nicoleyolee
    nicoleyolee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Had terrible eating habits towards the end of the week but my exercise was great all week. Hoping to do more strengthening this week mixed with cardio. 5k is this Saturday and I'm curious to see if my time improves from last year, though I have not been training. Going to try really hard this week to make up for last week's hiccups.
  • mamakeke22
    mamakeke22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    it wasn't a great week but not a bad one either. my goal for today was a little rest day and working on my sisters garden. Well we id the garden but we didn't have a ride home. So my sister and I ended up walking 3 miles taking turns pulling a wagon with a 3 and 4 year old and pushing a stroller.
  • mcwdvm
    mcwdvm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Got a fast (for me) 4 miler in between calls today and about 15 minutes of strength training. Will come in under calories if I can keep it together for a few more hours.
    Same deal tomorrow- calories and so exercise.
  • TDABMama0617
    TDABMama0617 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My commitment was to continue 30DS and I completed day 5! Yay. I stayed under my calorie goal and overall think I did pretty well.

I didn't get to weigh this morning because we were at the sand dunes. I'll weigh tomorrow and I expect a little loss - maybe a pound or so. My exercise went well this week but my food choices weren't great. I'd like to eat higher nutritional quality food so I don't feel as hungry. My "habit" goal is to drink a glass of water before EVERY meal. I'm going to a work conference where we'll be eating out or at a catered buffet every day...so I will make sure I control my portions and exercise every day (days 9-10 of 30DS level 1...then day 1 of level 2!!)

I hope to report tomorrow very positively regarding loss (pounds and maaaaybe inches)

Awesome job everyone else! I'm so glad *it seems like* everyone is so honest here. Makes me feel better about my weakness of choosing to eat high calorie sugary crap and feeling hungry. Everyone falls occasionally, but as long as I get back up, I'll be okay!
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I feel really good about week 1. I stayed under my calories everyday except yesterday. I worked out 6 days last week, and I met my commitment that I set each day, including the challenge on the challenge day. And I FINALLY moved off of the weight plateau that I've been on for over a month!

This week I commit to spending 45 minutes on the treadmill each day rather than just running 3 miles and stopping. I also want to focus more on strength training and getting more reps in. Lately this part of my workout has been slow and a little lazy - I'm still doing it, just not as hard as I could. I also have another 5k coming up this Saturday (just did my first one of the year yesterday,) and I'm running this one with my aunt, who is a tri-athlete and I'm sure will set a fast pace. My goal is to keep up with her for as long as I can - and maybe even finish with her! I'm also trying to focus on slowing down when I eat and recognizing when I'm full. I do well with this during the day usually, but it's dinner that is a struggle for me. I love to cook, and although I'm cooking healthier meals these days, I think there's something in my mind that tells me it's okay to eat more of it since it's lower in calories, so I often eat more than a normal serving. If I slow down I realize when I'm full enough and I don't eat too much.

Good luck to everyone on a great week ahead!
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My week was pretty good, but I feel that I could have done better exercising. I was a little disappointed that I only lost 1 pound, but I guess that's better than nothing. My problem has been getting back into our normal routine these past couple of weeks.

So this week, my goal is to buckle down and get into the normal groove of exercise and eating healthy.....together. I usually do great at one of them, but together would make all the difference in the world!!

Have a great week everyone:)
  • cricketdc
    cricketdc Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would give last week a 7/10. I have noticed that my weight loss is not as fast as previous years. It is getting to be frustrating for me but I don't have any option but to work with what I have. I will continue to work hard to achieve my goal. My mother-of the-bride gown is my main motivation. I still plan to get there. Slowly but surely I guess.