happy and nervous! (will my dress top fit?!)

Options
AvalonsUnicorn
AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
Ok so I found my dream dress (the one I posted under dresses) on Amazon. and for what I consider a good price (300 bucks) To me that's a LOT of money but I'm not having a huge wedding so I can easily keep other things cheap. My concerns however are with the dress. I ordered the XXL because it was their biggest size. I am almost positive I need to loose a few inches in the waist for it to fit but that's doable I have until September. My biggest fear is the bust! the dress for that size say it's a 41.5 inch bust. It is a corset top which I'm praying give me a little leway! My concern is I'm a 38 i cup... I'v been top heavy my whole life! to me a D cup would be tiny! I don;t think I've been even a triple D since high school. even then I seem to remember being bigger than that... I already know a strapless bra in my size simply does not exist! I have spent HOURS and weeks and yes years looking for a strapless in my size simply to take the pressure off my shoulders! My mom was very big up there also. I say WAS because in December she finally convinced her insurance to cover a reduction for her. I have medicare and medicaid so I am going to also try to convince them I need a reduction. Unfortunately however unlike mom who has crevices in her shoulders and degenerating disks in her back from her boobs I don't have any of those problems (not that I want them!). I know it's going to be hard to convince them to pay for me to get a reduction. I'm just afraid I won;t be able to get my reduction and with out it I'm terrified my dress or ANY dress for that matter will fit me! I already hate cloths shopping due to my boobs. I only wear tank tops because other wise I feel SO restricted It's like I can't even move! I don't exercise either. I just don't. Why? Not because I'm uninspired to. MFP is wonderful for inspiration! but it means either leaving them hanging in the way (mostly pain free until I bounce or hit one!) or putting on a bra which well I pretty much have to be FORCED (I REALLY HATE bras!) into any time I go any where. And even with a bra on I bounce no matter what I do but besides that I then break out under my boobs (no powders don't help :( ) and my shoulders and neck hurt so bad I still don't wanna move. Mom's going to try and get me into the dr's to see if she can help me like she did mom when I go see her in a week. I wouldn't be so nervous except that when mom went to get help for hers she discovered our previous doctor hadn't been documenting her several years worth of complaints about her back issues being caused by her boob size. which leads me to believe if he didn't document hers I highly doubt he documented mine. I'm glad we found a new more efficient and friendly doctor! I just REALLY hope that she can get my insurance to cover a reduction for me this summer! My wedding is in September so I ave a little time but I'm becoming more and more nervous. I wish my dress was here already so I could try it on and see where and how much I need to improve to fit into it! Maybe once it's here I'll find more reason to exercise... at the very least as soon as the snow finish's melting (sigh it's snowing as I type) my Fiancee josh and I plan on hiking the wooded trails everyday I have already told him unless I'm sick He is to make me go walking with him daily. We're actually both looking forward to the walks in the woods. But I know my mind will change by the time summer hit with the high humidity and heat. I do not like the heat! again this is a lot to do with the whole boob thing. I get NASTY heat rashes under there that nothing can cure except time no bra and aloe vera gel to help. It's funny I'm both looking VERY forward to getting married to the man of my dreams but scared also. Scared the few things I am being *****y about for the wedding are the few thing I can see going wrong. I'm really not being picky with most of it. I'm trying to keep it as cheap as possible for me and the few people in the party (my sis the best man and the poor flower girl and ring bearer's mom.) that girl is going to have her hands full! The flower girl is 4 and the ring bearer well he'll be born in a few weeks :) so yeah the poor girl will have her hands full lol! I'm not expecting any advice or anything. But if you have some to offer please offer away! I just felt the need to vent I guess. I vent even the right word? I'm not mad just worried lol Oh well I'm rambling so if you made it this far thanks for reading!

Replies

• Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey, i just saw this! I wouldn't worry too much about the dress, you can always have a corset back put it if it's too snug or too open in the back once "the girls" are in there!