Rote Grütze!

aagaag
aagaag Posts: 89 Member
- 1kg Strawberries (in this season can be purcahsed for less than 4 CHF)
- 250g blueberries
- 250g raspberries
- a small amount of Assugrin Stevia
- 10g of St. John's fruit flour (https://www.santi-shop.eu/de/p1739-Johannisbrotkernmehl-bio-Werz.html)
- 400ml water

- Nutritional value: less than 40 kcal/100g!!! Great as a very filling and wholesome dessert - but also as snack and even for breakfast along with cappuccino. It's delicious - I'll admit that in the past couple of days it was my main food source...

Procedure:

- Make a puree of all berries, and add the Stevia. Be careful not to overdo the Stevia, or else you will ruin the whole thing beyond repair.

-The only tricky part is to get the St. John's flour into solution. For that, place the flour into a large bowl, then add warm water dropwise. Make sure that all flour is wetted - similarly to making a dough. Add more water. There will probably be lumps of flour. These can be effectively eliminated with a "magic wand"-type food blender. Progressively add more water while constantly blending, to a total of 400ml. Now quickly get the mixture to boil (microwave is ideal for that, since you will not risk burning the flour), Beware: 10g of flour will expand enormously into 400ml of water!!!

- Now add the St. John's flour while it is still hot. Use the blender to make sure that the dissolved flour distributes homogeneously within the berry puree.

- My suggestion is to make 4 or 5 aliquots (approx. 500ml each) which can be frozen down for long-term storage, and microwaved when needed.

Replies