Monday Weigh-Ins

Options
lindaw66
lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
I know that most of us has experienced immediate weight loss with this plan and that has lead some of us to weigh ourselves every day (I'm guilty)! Since our weight fluxuates and since stress can affect our weight loss, I thought it would be a good idea to only weigh ourselves once per week on Monday.

Replies

• Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I like this idea, I am so tired of being obsessed with weighing in daily. I told myself I wasn't going to do this but I felt so thin this morning so I did and I gained 1 lb and am a little stressed. I am not weighing myself until next Monday :)
  • lindaw66
    Options
    I know I was weighing because I felt lighter too, and I bet things are shifting and we are losing inches too, so don't worry this is going to work if we follow the plan. We just need to be patient:flowerforyou:
  • jansari2
    jansari2 Posts: 15
    Options
    Im so very glad I came across this. Last week I weighed myself daily and it was lovely until I gained 2 lbs. So I'll only weigh myself on Mondays and hope and pray I lose this weight.
  • michellyn
    michellyn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't stress about gains! Stress is just going to flood your body with hormones that could prevent weight loss. Remember that this is a process. All three parts have to work together to make it work. That necessarily means there WILL be ups and downs.

Do all you can to enjoy this ride. I am always a slow loser, but I'm down 4 pounds since this day last week :) More importantly, I'm enjoying the food I'm eating, even though I don't get the "extras" (like mayo, sugar, etc.). Would I enjoy my food more with those extras? Yes and no. Because of the way this diet cycles, I always have something I'm looking forward to (for P2, I look forward to turkey bacon and homemade jerky--even though I could eat those on another phase, I have a limited supply, so I save it for those days).

Anyway, I hope the rest of you are enjoying this as much as I am. My challenge this week was to try to incorporate my diet into family dinners more, and it's working so far.
  • PghPammy
    PghPammy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Your body weight will naturally fluctuate daily by 2 to as much as 5 lbs even if you aren't dieting - according to time of day, what you've eaten, hormonal cycles, etc etc....All sorts of reasons for changes. So once a week is plenty. Try to weigh the same time of day - when you first get up (after bathroom but before breakfast is a good time).
  • lindaw66
    Options
    I weighed myself this morning and I'm still 180 :cry: I started this two weeks ago at 182 and lost 4.8 and then gained 2 of it back. I've not cheated, but this week has been very stressfull and i didn't do any strength or yoga this last week. I thought for sure when i got on the scale this morning that I would weigh less. I feel smaller and I can see that some of my back fat is gone! I don't understand how the scale doesn't reflect that, but I'm not going to give up. The point here is to reset my metabolism so I'm going to see this through the full 28 days.
  • Fit_Housewife
    Options
    At first I gained a pound but now I am down 4 from my start weight. I basically stayed the same over the weekend (phase 3) but I am happy with that, hoping for a strong week 2 :) my husband is down 11.5 pounds!!!!

Keep positive Linda I have seen a lot that weight loss stalls week 2 (makes me a little nervous) Two more weeks you can do it :)!!!!!
  • devon311
    devon311 Posts: 2
    Options
    Down 5 lbs in the first week! Can't believe I've lost that much with as much as I'm eating on this diet. Hope this momentum continues!
  • PghPammy
    PghPammy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I came in at 160.8 this morning. Large part was due to 24 hrs of severe diarrhea during Phase 3, but that makes 8 lbs this week. Prior to getting sick it was 4 lbs. On May 9, 2012 1 was 196 ladies and I'm only 5' 1" so don't ever give in or give up. I haven't seen 160 in years!
  • glogg4me
    glogg4me Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I cheated and weighed myself diuring the week and am paying for it because Sat. morning I was 166 and today I am 167. However since starting this diet I got off my stall and have lost 4.5 lbs in the first two weeks. An average a little over 2lb a week is outstanding when measured against what I used to have to do achieve far less progress. Stress is definitely a staller as are messed up meal timings. I have just had a crazy 4 days travelling all over creation and even though I packed everything so I could stay absolutely on plan food wise I was definitely NOT having the zen three days suggested. Moving forward!
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm on my first week, second day of phase 3 so a bit different than those of you who started on Monday.

My wt. went up2 lbs this morning, from 1st phase 3 day (accidentally ate smoked almonds, and system froze up on phase 2)... but still down 2 lbs from start.
  • Fit_Housewife
    Options
    Down 8 pounds since starting FMD 2 weeks ago :)
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I am down 4 pounds. I started on May 4th at 182.4 and am now 178.4. I know the ups and downs, so I know what is to be expected, but I am going to enjoy this for now.

Congrats Meredith!
  • roman2358
    roman2358 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am down 6.5 pounds and this is day 7 for me so technically still in week one. I'm delighted and so enjoy eating foods that I haven't eaten in a while like shredded carrots! It's been a struggle these last couple of years to drop any significant weight despite eating right and excercising like a mad woman! Love it!
  • kasucey
    kasucey Posts: 1
    Options
    May 6 - Down 7lbs. Only lost 1lb over three days of Phase 3, so we'll see what this week brings
  • sundrop525
    sundrop525 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am at the start of my 4th week and have lost a total of 14 pounds now

Week 1: I lost 7 pounds
    Week 2: I didn't lose any in Phase 1 and 2 then lost 2 pounds in Phase 3
    Week 3: It picked back up this week and I lost a total of 5 pounds

So I hope the weight continues to come off.
    And good luck to all of you.
  • nishelby
    nishelby Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i was watching Dr. Oz tonight and of course another health guru was on, but she said that we should expect to gain weight back, but more importantly, not all the weight that you lost. So if you lose 4 lbs, you may gain 2 back, but you lost 2 so you are still moving forward.
  • lindaw66
    Options
    I'm down 4.4 pounds as of Monday, but I actually cheated this weekend with a few cocktails. So I think I would have lost more, but I'm confident that by next Monday, I'll see more pounds and inches melt away! This is day 23 for me and I've not been doing the exercise that I should, so I'm really going to try and make up for that this week. I had Derby and my husband's graduation from College this weekend, so I think I did pretty good considering. I'm going to keep on going for round 2 after my 28 days are up.:love:
  • jenday333
    jenday333 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of weighing every day... lost 3lbs (epic for me as I can't seem to lose anything) in P1 and P2 on the first week. Unfortunately, I'm on the third day of P3 and have gained 2 of them back. Hoping it's water weight. But will see how it goes next week. Hard not to obsess about it. :) Only thing is that I'm a little concerned with how few calories I'm eating in P2 - seems awfully low - and the fact that I still have to do a long distance run during P3. Half marathon in 2 weeks, so unfortunately yoga isn't going to cut it to get me across the finish line. Fingers crossed that doesn't mess with the program!
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The Fast Metabolism 28 Day Diet
    Topic: Monday Weigh-Ins
    BUMP