Insanity is so insane...

Options
lapocienta
lapocienta Posts: 39 Member
Maybe I should title this post some other way.

My fitness level is so bad... I can't even complete the "warm up" of the first DVD (not the Fit Test, the Plyo something DVD) without taking breaks between rounds and I have no energy left to start the actual workout. My calves just give out and my HRM begs me to slow down.

But I'm NOT going to quit. I want to stick with it because I'm sure that by trying to reach an extra round each time, taking shorter brakes, or putting more and more energy into the moves, I'll see some improvement sooner or later. I'm a week away from my next fit test. I will consider any increment, even if it is a +1, a huge success.

At the moment, I'm doing that crazy warm up (well, it's crazy for me :P ) every day along with Les Mills Pump.

There's one thing I want to say about LMP:
I AM MADLY IN LOVE WITH THE PROGRAM! :heart:

So fun! The trainers are lovely and the music is great. Also, I deal better with strength than with cardio :P

Anyone else had or is having a hard time with Insanity?
Who else enjoys LMP?

:drinker:

Replies

• MeganMcBane
    MeganMcBane Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I agree... Insanity is tough. But it is so worth it. You will notice so many changes to your body and fitness level. Keep pushing!
  • munty76
    munty76 Posts: 47
    Options
    Stick at, Its an awesome work out.

When i first started it would take me 1.5 hrs+ to complete the first work out as i had to to take so many breaks. I think i used to take breaks in the warm up too. My form was terrible i was gasping , i kept having to pause and rewind bits to catch up.

Thats was back in Aug 2012. and since then i have done insanity on and off for 8month. Im not perfect at it, there are days i can do a complete program without extra breaks and decent form, but mostly i do need an extra break or modification to get the routine done. but the results are fantastic.

just stay safe and injury free, stretch and warm up well etc.