New here :)

Options
ehk33
ehk33 Posts: 33 Member
Hi! I have 3 little ones. All born in the last 4 years. New LO is 8 weeks old and is such a sweetie

I gained the most weight with this last pregnancy. I have around 55 pounds of babyweight to lose and hope to do it without messing up my milk supply.

Im looking forward to getting to know you all and start my weight loss journey!

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have a 5 month old son, my first. I have 30lbs to lose still.
  • k_pleasant
    k_pleasant Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, We have so much in common!!!!!

I am new (4 days) here too! And I also have 3 little ones (12 weeks, 2, and 7) I gained a lot of weight with each pregnancy and I have never make it back to my pre-pregnancy weight :-(

I also have about 50-55 lbs to lose and I don’t want it to affect my milk supply either. With my first two I never worked out while I
    was breastfeeding and I usually breastfeed for a year. Well, my plan is not to have any more kids so I a really determined to get this weight off as soon as possible. Plus, I want to start working out and take advantage of the calories that you burn just by simply breastfeeding.

I started the Insanity work out last night and I was able to nurse short after the workout and this morning my milk supply was normal when I went to pump. I know it is too soon to tell, but just to be on the safe side I started taking Motherlove More Milk Plus, to help with milk production. I will let you know if it works :-)

Glad to see somebody on here that I have so much in common with!!!
  • hazellatrice
    hazellatrice Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awww ladies i have a 6 month old son and i am 10 pounds over my pre pregnancy weight , this is my first .. these ten pounds have been lingering and ive been on and off a diet since i had him , im not breastfeeding however i wish i was , i just wasnt able to .
  • ehk33
    ehk33 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great to meet you all! I was a member here back before I got pregnant with #3 and am so happy to be back!

The breastfeeding aspect of my life is what Im most worried about. Before with trying to lose weight, I was eating 1200 calories a day and working out 2 hours a day (dance classes at the gym) But now I need many many more calories than that to keep up my supply and I cant cut out certain food groups. I also heard hard core exercise can make milk taste funny (?) I usually wean around 8 months, so until then I will be baby stepping into this. :)

Tonight I go back to the gym for the first time in 10 months!! Yikes! lol I think I will start off with some treadmill though and keep it slow
  • Aiiryfairy
    Aiiryfairy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) I have a 6 month old and a 2 year old (he's nearly 3!). I've been losing weight while breastfeeding my little girl. As long as you eat enough and eat right, it's no problem to lose weight while breastfeeding. I still have some weight I'd like to lose after I hit my first goal. You can find breastfeeding in your food diary which gives you an extra 5OO cals to eat every day. Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have a 9 year old boy and a 4.5 month old girl. I have lost all my pregnancy weight, but I still have quite a bit to lose that I already had on before getting pregnant. It is hard to get the weight off, but it will be worth it in the end.