Many active group members?

Options
Hey, I was just browsing the members list and it looks like over half the group members are inactive (months since last log in). Are there many active members in this group? I live in Orlando and I'm just looking to make friends with some locals and possibly even go run a 5k or something together in the future.

Replies

• MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm active AND I live in Orlando...but I don't run. What part of Orlando are you in?
  • DemonicWombat
    DemonicWombat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm active but about 2 hours from Orlando. (Spring Hill, North of Tampa) I joined because there are a ton of people from my area, but none of them seem to be on either.
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    I'm active AND I live in Orlando...but I don't run. What part of Orlando are you in?

I'm in East Orlando near Alafaya. I attend UCF.
  • TheWiseCat
    Options
    I'm active but about 2 hours from Orlando. (Spring Hill, North of Tampa) I joined because there are a ton of people from my area, but none of them seem to be on either.

Yea it seems real hit and miss. A big part of it is also who uses the forums vs just the app. I can do a member search and find thousands of Orlando folk on here, but they just use the app for tracking.
  • mrs727remedy
    mrs727remedy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    im active. but live in clearwater.
  • xynyth
    xynyth Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm active but I live in St Pete, BUT I want to do the Rave run in Orlando later this year :D
  • thedean1td1
    thedean1td1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I live in Maitland, however I am to big to run but I do run in a pool.
  • angelaanhela
    angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Im active and in Orlando! 24 years old and also live around UCF/Waterford area. Definitely not ready to run! lol but I have been trying to walk more and as you can see just recently did walked the Color Me Rad 5K.

Feel free to add me Floridians! Always looking for more motivation and maybe we can all get together for a walk.
  • coleeli
    coleeli Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in Orlando near UCF as well. About to graduate. :) Getting into running now using c25k. I just never post on here because no one else does...

I'll send you a friend request!
  • mountaingirl2207
    Options
    I'm active, in Wesley chapel.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm very active and in Orlando. Have you ever thought of doing a Disney 5K? In a fit of insanity, I signed up for their 5Ks in Sept. and Nov. and just started the C25K training program today. I also do Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. Shoot me a message if you're interested in local 5Ks. C25K is an 8 week program, so I'll probably test the waters by doing a 5K this summer when I finish it.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Active in West Palm Beach.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm active but I live in Broward county.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm active but I live in Broward County too
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'm here. Part time resident of Pensacola.

I'm in Orlando this week for a conference.
  • OwenEvan
    OwenEvan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am active but I am in Lakeland......
  • tashaherbert50
    tashaherbert50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    active but live near St augustine I plan on doing the Disney wine and dine Half marathon in November it would be awesome to have someone to do it with.
  • RamoZimm
    RamoZimm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm active and live in Ocala. I am not a runner but enjoy swimming, biking, hiking, weight lifting (at least the results of), dancing and aerobics. If you want to add me as a supportive friend and motivator, feel free!
  • TheWiseCat
    Options
    I'm very active and in Orlando. Have you ever thought of doing a Disney 5K? In a fit of insanity, I signed up for their 5Ks in Sept. and Nov. and just started the C25K training program today. I also do Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. Shoot me a message if you're interested in local 5Ks. C25K is an 8 week program, so I'll probably test the waters by doing a 5K this summer when I finish it.

HAH did I ever do a Disney 5k.

I go there and I'm in the last wave, I wait and wait... and wait.. and finally it's almost dark and massive clouds have rolled in. BANG! My wave is off... 15 seconds in it starts raining... keep running.. 4 minutes in it is POURING! I mean buckets. Water was flowing down my glasses so fast I couldn't see for ****. People's contacts were washing out, everyone was running blind and in inches deep of water. I ended up taking a second to run into a store and get a ziploc for my phone so it didn't fry, then back on the track. Most people gave up and took shelter. I'm still going at it, bound and determined... eventually I find the end and I'm thinking my time is still sort of decent and... STOPPED! That's right, they had this huge metal frame around the finish line where it tracked your times - LIGHTNING HAZARD. So 50 ft from the end we were all diverted away. Basically no one in the last 3 or 4 waves got to see a finish time.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options

HAH did I ever do a Disney 5k.

I go there and I'm in the last wave, I wait and wait... and wait.. and finally it's almost dark and massive clouds have rolled in. BANG! My wave is off... 15 seconds in it starts raining... keep running.. 4 minutes in it is POURING! I mean buckets. Water was flowing down my glasses so fast I couldn't see for ****. People's contacts were washing out, everyone was running blind and in inches deep of water. I ended up taking a second to run into a store and get a ziploc for my phone so it didn't fry, then back on the track. Most people gave up and took shelter. I'm still going at it, bound and determined... eventually I find the end and I'm thinking my time is still sort of decent and... STOPPED! That's right, they had this huge metal frame around the finish line where it tracked your times - LIGHTNING HAZARD. So 50 ft from the end we were all diverted away. Basically no one in the last 3 or 4 waves got to see a finish time.
    Yikes! Not a very magical experience to say the least. They should have given you all a survivor medal for making it through the rain and lightning danger.