Started today!

Options
Junebugsc
Junebugsc Posts: 34 Member
My husband and I started today! I did have to start with weights lower than the recommended starting weights in the app! But I definitely feel it!! Looking forward to the next workout!

Squats 18lb bar
Bench Press 25lb bar
Barbell row 35lb

Replies

• desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Yay! You will love it.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    So exciting!

Don't worry about starting lower than what the app recommends. I did, too.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Don't worry about the weight, work on form :-)
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Great job starting!!! :bigsmile:

If it makes you feel any better, I started out with 20 pounds across the board.

Welcome to your new addiction. :wink:
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    High five for starting!!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Frabjous!!
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    We all started where we started, if that makes sense - you'll be amazed at how fast you'll progress. And it's so much fun! Hard work, but fun, and well worth it. Welcome!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great first step to a strong (and hot) new bod!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    YAY! and congrats on your husband joining you! I started last week (with lower than 'recommended' weights, LOL)
    My husband promises to join me starting tomorrow.
  • faithnna
    faithnna Posts: 42
    Options
    Welcome! It's so much fun & you'll be amazed at how much progress you make in the first month. Having my SO there with me has helped to keep me motivated too so keep each other in line!
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I just started too (and my name is June, btw). The Olympic bar at the gym is 40 lbs, so that's what I started with for my squats, and what I will start at with my deadlifts. My Pendlays were with the 35 lb fixed barbell.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting the program. I'm also doing the program with my husband and it's a great way to do something together with out the talking; Hey, this is serious business you know. :wink: Don't worry about starting lower on weights, most of us did. Have fun!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    I just started too (and my name is June, btw). The Olympic bar at the gym is 40 lbs, so that's what I started with for my squats, and what I will start at with my deadlifts. My Pendlays were with the 35 lb fixed barbell.

Hi June, Welcome!!
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options

Hi June, Welcome!!

Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • MissSifaka
    MissSifaka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just started 2 weeks ago, coming off of NROL4W. I'm amazed how quickly the sessions move, stellar.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    Options
    Welcome, I hope you will love this program!
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Congratulations on getting started!! It is so much fun and it´s great that some of you work together with your SO. Starting alone can be challenging. I started a month ago and now squat the double of what I started with. You will progress quickly (though I am very impatient and doesn´t think it progress fast enough, Lol.) Welcome!!