Surface Piercings

Options
Is it true that they hurt more than any other type of piercing? I was told that they are worse due to the necessary process of lifting the skin & sliding the jewelry into place & then pushing down on it to "lock" the jewelry in place, but I only know one person who had them done. What have been your experiences?

Replies

• Sibby123
    Options
    I have one by my eye, I can't say I remember it hurting more than my piercings and I have my nipple and hood done, it can get abit iffy as there is nowhere for the puss to go so you need to put a warm compress on it but mines ok now
  • Mickeyriv
    Mickeyriv Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had two on my chest, and they didn't hurt any more than any other piercing I've had (navel, septum, nose, lip). They were just kind of a hassle at the gym; have to be conscientious of them. Go for it!!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I had one on my hip. Hurt worse than any other piercing. The skin there was really thick. I also had one pierced horizontally under my belly button. That one didn't hurt too much though.

Both started rejecting after about a year, so I removed them.

Everyone's pain tolerance is different.
  • Lee_louh
    Lee_louh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a bridge piercing. I found it to be the least painful piercing I've got (I also have two in each lobe, nose and nipple). It took a long time to heal as I kept catching it on tops while undressing, but got there in the end with frequent cleaning and being a bit more aware of it.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I've had about 5 or 6 dermal implants done. I would not say they were worse than all of the other piercings I've had in my time. They do take a little bit longer, but no biggie.

They are a pain, though. Two were ripped out when I was busy bouncing some guy's head off of a sidewalk, one started growing out all funny, and I can't remember what happened to the others.

They are pretty cool, though, go for it. It's just a piercing, not an amputation.
  • xnikkixsikkix
    Options
    I've had my collarbones and sternum pierced twice each. They were less painful than having my ears or lip pierced (those were the two piercings that hurt the worst when I got them done). I will agree that they are a pain to maintain. The second time I had to take out my collarbones a small child went to hug me and knocked both of them with his hands, and they began to reject.

I've also had my septum pierced a few times, my lip pierced a few times in a few different spots, a christina, and a HCH.

I had my second set of collarbone piercings for about three years, and they had healed quite nicely prior to getting bumped.
  • fivecardstud
    Options
    I agree with others. I find that mine didn't hurt to get, but they were more difficult to maintain. If they do heal properly, and take, well worth it.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    my dermal hurt wayyyyyyy less than any other piercings ive had
  • semhe
    semhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have 6, they barely hurt at all, cartilage is far more painful.... The only problem is they can grow out.... Then you could have an ugly scar