Relationship after weightloss

Options
Did anyone find love after they lost weight? Do you think that person would have loved the heavier you?

Replies

• onemoc
    onemoc Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When I first met my partner, I had lost about 50- 60 lbs. I had about 3 men chasing that day. I appeared to be a decent and I liked his intelligence and sarcasm. We were introduced to each other by a mutual friend. Yes my weightloss played a role but my personality played a bigger more important role
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I dated someone for 5 months last year. I think in her case, no, she wouldn't have noticed/wanted me when I was heavier. That's why we only dated for 5 months...she was superficial.:laugh:

I haven't "found" anyone else since my weight loss yet because I'm not really looking. Just living life and enjoying being single again. When I do find someone permanent, it will be the kind of woman that wouldn't care about my weight. Bottom line, it's the core of the person that matters to me, not their size. And I expect that from them.
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    My gf of 2 years always asks me this question. As in she asks me "would you love me if i got bigger?" I always say no. Of course. However I would be upset that she gained weight, i'm also talking more than 10 lbs. Maybe this is just me but when i'm in a relationship I want to look good for my partner. I want to look my best all the time for them. I want to healthy for them ultimately. Like onemoc i agree. Looking good. You should be attracted to that person that you're talking to if you want a relationship. Lets be honest thats a part of it and no one can get away from that. However, your personality is really what someone falls in love with. Looks will fade eventually no matter how hard you try but having a good personality is really allows you to have a connection with someone.