Desserts

Options
I am interested in people's ideas for "sweets" on this diet. My mom baked a yam and ate it mashed with Truvia, cinnamon, and nutmeg for Phase 3. I recommend freezing pears (or any other phase appropriate fruit) and blending it in the blender with Truvia and lemon juice. It is absolutely divine when you have been missing something sweet. Perfect for Phase 1 evening snack. I have thought about cooking brown rice with rice milk and adding cinnamon, Truvia, and nutmeg for Phase 1. I have certainly seen the recipe for lemon sorbet for Phase 2, but I haven't tried it. Pumpkin is allowed on Phase 1 also, which bodes well for crustless pumpkin pie. I'm sure there are more creative people out there who have come up with all kinds of stuff.

Replies

• duinseach21
    Options
    I blended some ice to slushy consistency with a couple drops of English toffee Stevia on phase 2. Took care of my dessert cravings that night!
  • PghPammy
    PghPammy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You know Truvia really isn't on the approved list. It has sugar alcohol (Erythritol).
  • PghPammy
    PghPammy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try the English Toffe next I think. Every time I order from SweetLeaf I have a hard time cause I want one of most every flavor!