Anyone running their first full in December this year?

tropic_runner
tropic_runner Posts: 31 Member
Hello MFP peoples! I am a 26 year old female and I will be running my first full marathon this year in Dec. I would love to have more friends on my profile who run so we can share training tips and motivate each other with our weight loss goals!!! Add me if want! Thanks!

Replies

• algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    ME!!! I'll be running the BCS in Bryan-College Station, Texas, on December 8th. So looking forward to the race and the training that is to come between now and then.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    What marathon are you running in December?
  • tropic_runner
    How awesome! That is my birthday and I will be running my first full, the Honolulu Marathon!!!!! Good luck on the training!!!
  • tropic_runner
    The Honolulu Marathon on Dec. 8th!!!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Just yesterday someone was trying to talk me into doing a full marathon in December. Not sure yet. Tempting.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Yupe.... me too! I'll be doing my first full in December (the reggae marathon) if I chicken out and do the half then my full will be Disney in January since I've already paid for that. I never run with food or water so it's been a challenge going over 20 miles without this :-/
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    I'm thinking of running the CIM on 12/8. Would by my first full marathon. 4 days after my 45th Birthday. Just need to scrounge up the entry fee.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Just need to scrounge up the entry fee.
    Most marathons get more expensive as they get closer; that said CIM is a pretty big race, if you are on a budget there are cheaper options you can go for.
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    The Honolulu Marathon on Dec. 8th!!!
    Ooohhhhhhh, jealous!!!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    I'm thinking of running the CIM on 12/8. Would by my first full marathon. 4 days after my 45th Birthday. Just need to scrounge up the entry fee.

Oh hey neighbor!

I'm thinking of running the CIM too. It'll be my second full, but I'm excited about it :) Maybe I'll see you there!
  • MarshmallowLegs
    MarshmallowLegs Posts: 51 Member
    Seattle December 1st! I'm dreading all the hills :(
  • tropic_runner
    Seattle will be fun!!!!
  • tropic_runner
    Well good luck everyone! I LOVE hearing about other runners' race goals! There are a lot of marathons on December 8th!!!! Have fun and enjoy the training!!!!
  • denny_menter
    denny_menter Posts: 34 Member
    I just started looking at Seattle yesterday. Have you run it before? Are the hills really that bad?
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Add me as a friend!

I'm planning to do my first full this October... I entered the random draw for the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco and will find out in 2 weeks if I get selected. If I dont get selected, then I am planning to do Rock & Roll Denver, which is the same day. This is my first official week of training!
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member

Oh hey neighbor!

I'm thinking of running the CIM too. It'll be my second full, but I'm excited about it :) Maybe I'll see you there!

I will also be running the CIM this yr! It will be my second one :)