You Guys are Amazing!!!

Options
Im back from my vacay, and well I will spare the details but pretty sure I don't deserve Saturday Treat Day for the remainder of this program. :/ (Shame on me...grrr...) A couple of cocktails and everything got thrown out the window...fast. However, I can say that coming back and seeing all the activity has thrown me right back where I left off prior to vacation which was a great place to be (almost, minus shin splints). I cannot state enough how much this board has motivated me.

Im still battling shin splints, its really frustrating. I feel like I am taking 10 steps backwards. The thing I love to do the most is run, and I cannot do that right now with shin splints in both legs. Its discouraging, not going to lie. I have not ran since last Tuesday and have discontinued any leg exercise and my shins were still throbbing last night. Why is it that when you get into your "groove" something happens. Well, I pitied myself for a few days last week (prior to vacay), and now I am not going to let it stop me. I am recommitting with other cardio such as swimming, elliptical (i can try it) or biking at the gym... in addition to P90 (minus leg work).

Thanks for being such a great group, glad to be back and back where I belong.

-Niomi

Replies

• TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Really glad you are back! Sorry for the shin splints. I have a martial arts student who has torn his ACL and now is off his legs for awhile. He has gained a significant amount of weight due to this. I can dole out the tough love and being his teacher I decided to push him. (Shoulda been doing this for myself too. lol) I said, "Jeff, Just because your legs are outta commission doesn't mean you are. You arms are not broken. When your leg is all healed and ready to go you better have some massive guns to show off or you'll be doing push-ups until Im satisfied." lol He has been working with weights every since and has lost 20lbs!
  • babyblackbutterfly
    Options
    Welcome Back Niomi!
    I know I speak for everybody when I say I'm glad to have you back.
    So thrilled that your family vacation went well and you are with us again.
    I posted my picture on our shutterfly site for last week and this week. I only lost 1.6 pounds but over the last week have sculpted my body. HOORAY!
    The amount of weight lost was slightly disappointing, but when I saw my picture, I was thrilled and extra motivated
    Thank you for starting this group.
    Before this, I would never have done measurements and certainly not pictures...
    Let's dig in girl...
    BBB:bigsmile: