Whats for Dinner? 4/30/2013

Options
Whats for dinner? Im curious, and looking for ideas.

Last night I bought some shrimp with plans to grill it. I need a good low calorie side to go with it... I also bought smoked salmon...eeeck! I hate seafood but need to expand my horizon. I am cutting out red meat almost entirely (picked up some flank) and am tired of chicken. (Are pork chops healthy? lol, I really don't know.)

What is everyone else eating?

Replies

• curses7
    curses7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Today's a quick meal day, it's gonna be chicken with lemon squeezed on it, raw broccoli, and anything else I can dig up in the vegetable crisper drawer.

I love shrimp, it's one of my favorite foods. Just remember it doesn't take long at all to cook, and it gets rubbery if overcooked.

Can't help with the low fat recipes, but I use http://www.supercook.com/ all the time to keep eating interesting. I just avoid or substitute the ingredients I don't want to have in my diet.
  • TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Tonight my fabulous boyfriend is making me Chicken Alfredo with low carb pasta, low fat homemade alfredo sauce, and toons of veggies! Im so excited!
  • missharleychick
    Options
    Tonight my fabulous boyfriend is making me Chicken Alfredo with low carb pasta, low fat homemade alfredo sauce, and toons of veggies! Im so excited!

Yum! Tell him to send some of that this way! I LOVE Chicken Alfredo....yum!
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Let see.........I'm in the mood for grilled center cut pork loin and steamed broccoli and cauli:) Yes, I do believe that's our dinner tonight:))

Enjoy the evening everyone!
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Tonight I think dinner will be salmon, farro and a salad.
  • KathleenSweetie
    KathleenSweetie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Tonight is Taco Tuesday - Wheat grain tortilla, Refried Beans, Tomato, Lettuce, Shredded 3 Cheese, Taco sauce. For the rest of the family, I'm also offering taco seasoned hamburger (95%).

I baked chicken breasts, slightly covered with plain yogurt and coated with crushed & seasoned Rice Krispy & garlic Triscuits that my family loved!

...Not good at making salmon, so I'm no help there. When I make fish (cod, haddock, or tilapia), I usually fry it with less than a tsp of olive oil, add orange juice (or squeeze in the juice of 1/2 of a small orange), and cook seasoned fish until flaky/white and slightly browned. I cover the pan with a lid to keep the fish moist. I like to season the fish with ground peppercorn, oregano, basil, and a lot of orange zest.
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have chicken in the crockpot today - it's cooking in a full bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce mixed with 1/4 c. vinegar, 1/4 c. brown sugar, 1 tsp. red pepper flakes and 1 tsp. garlic powder. I'll shred it when I get home, then serve on buns for BBQ chicken sandwiches. One serving is 366 calories. We'll have a side of store-bought coleslaw - not sure how healthy coleslaw is but I'll find out when I put it in my food diary!

Yes, pork chops are healthy as long as you don't fry them in a bunch of grease. Grilled or baked is a good way to go!
  • nicf76
    nicf76 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm having blueberry pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I love blueberry pancakes :love:
  • krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    4 oz ribeye steak, half a small baked tater with franks hot sauce no butter, sting beans, and some mango slices. Yea baby!
  • pologirl1
    pologirl1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Grilled tilapia, steamed broccoli, and a baked potato.