5K Races

Options
Who is out there training for a 5k? Also what are some good ones to attend?

Replies

• sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ive got one this weekend in West Chester. Shamrock Shuffle. Alot of fun!!!!
  • spring423
    spring423 Posts: 49
    Options
    Using sparkpeople to train and there are two in the Akron area the end of April. Color Vibe & Raccoon Run. If you go to active.com you can search your area to see whats coming up.
  • Makers72
    Makers72 Posts: 65
    Options
    Color Run in Columbus, Buggy Run in Amish country, The river Run in Cincy, Warrior Dash up north, and the bluegrass 5k in kentucky.
  • birdiephd77
    Options
    I signed up for Run or Dye in August in NE Ohio, I forget what city. I did Couch to 5k two years ago and ran 2 5ks last summer. Need to find more and keep at it!
  • Makers72
    Makers72 Posts: 65
    Options
    The Foam Run and runtolive.com have awesome 5k's coming to columbus area!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Doing the Run for the Green in Mason, OH on Sunday, it's a Trail Race, 1st of the dirt days series this year.

Then I'll be doing the Heart Mini-Marathon event. I'm running the 1/2 Marathon, but there is a 5k as well.
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am just about to finish the C25K program and running my first 5K in April in Copley! Active.com is great for finding races anywhere.. Or anything in that fact.. They have other events on there too! Good luck..
  • lisa799
    lisa799 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm on W6D3, so about two weeks left! I'm registered for Color Me Rad in Detroit where a friend lives on May 11. I'm also thinking of doing Color Me Rad in Columbus. I'd be excited for some 5K meetups in the Dayton/Cincy/Columbus areas!
  • lisa799
    lisa799 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Actually, the CMR in Ohio is at King's Island - anyone else signed up for that one? I think someone local to Dayton is putting a team together.
  • Tbias78
    Tbias78 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Color Vibe in Akron on April 27th, probably have to walk most of it, but it's a start & should be fun!
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Rocky's Run for Freedom on May 25th in Miamisburg. Here's a link http://runcincinnati.com/calendarnew/index.php?eID=384
  • katied37
    katied37 Posts: 25
    Options
    I am doing the Color Run in Columbus on July 20! I started training at the beginning of the year using the C25K program, although I will probably have to do the program again before July! Fell off the wagon a bit at the end. :)
  • kylieannfran
    kylieannfran Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up for COLOR ME RAD in Cincy!
  • mjessim
    mjessim Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm training up for the Run for you Lives 5K in Columbus next year.
  • nlewis22
    nlewis22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Cinco de Mayo 5k in Columbus this weekend! my first 5k in 6+ years! I'm excited! My goal is to do a 5k each month this summer!
  • LanderRose81
    LanderRose81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Race for the Cure...always amazing!
    Warrior Dash in June and I think they are bringing it back in August?
    Color Run - this will be my first time doing this one...so excited!
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I signed up for Run or Dye in August in NE Ohio, I forget what city. I did Couch to 5k two years ago and ran 2 5ks last summer. Need to find more and keep at it!

I think that I am going to sign up for this one, too. It will be my first 5k.
  • AKA2285
    AKA2285 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm doing The Electric Run 5K, The Foam Fest 5K, The Glow Run 5K, The Color Run, and The Color Me Rad.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I think I am doing the glow run :smile:
  • dgtl_grl
    dgtl_grl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just signed up for the Electric Run tonight. I didn't know about it until just the other day. Better get to training!