Pre gastric sleeve

Options
Hi all, I'm going through the steps to having gastric sleeve. I'm super nervous about the procedure itself. But I'm also excited about the success. I will start my 2 wk pre diet plan in June. Until then I'm trying to lose as much wt as possible. Please join and lets support each other.

Replies

• Wojtkowiak
    Wojtkowiak Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve done 1-25-13 & am SOOOOOO happy I did! It is still a struggle, but the results are worth it! Keep going with the program you are on, but remember - PROTEIN, PROTEIN, PROTEIN!!!! My biggest hurdle is getting my required 80 grams of protein with such a small amount of food! Good Luck!
  • jennifersowerby
    jennifersowerby Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm having my sleeve surgery 4/23/13...one week! I'm doing my pre-op diet right now and a little hungry, but manageable. Glad to have found this blog!
  • kevm1967
    kevm1967 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm having my sleeve surgery 4/23/13...one week! I'm doing my pre-op diet right now and a little hungry, but manageable. Glad to have found this blog!
    Hi, just joined this group, I too am having surgery 4/23/13..... nervous as hell. My wife had same 2 years ago and hasn't looked back so my turn.
  • gwen6971
    gwen6971 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi! I am at the beginning of the process. I have my mandatory informational session on May 2nd. Good luck on your upcoming surgeries.
  • Charmingirl
    Options
    Hi All, I wish you all the best of luck with your surgeries. Most days I wish that I had my surgery date but on other days I'm super nervous about it. I'm trying to keep my eyes on the prize lol ( a much smaller me). Thank you all for joining this group & being willing to talk about it.
  • jennifersowerby
    Options
    Kevin, how are you doing on the pre-op diet? I'm fine when I'm at work, but it's the weekends that kill me. I have stuck to the diet religiously, and ready to move onto the next step. Good luck...4 more days!!!!
  • kevm1967
    Options
    Pre-op diets ok, I'm lucky been working long hours so don't feel too worried about food. Went out to dinner last Tuesday night with the family for my wife's birthday, All you can eat Chinese had a bowl of crab soup felt really full and didn't really feel worried about more. I'm really craving some sea food today though, need a "last meal" lol. Tomorrows the big day, next few months will be fun learning to eat again, it took my wife about three months to come to terms with the operation.
    Well good luck tomorrow hopefully all goes well...............for both of us
  • kevm1967
    Options
    Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to surgery I go ..........................
  • jennifersowerby
    Options
    Leaving for hospital in 45 min. So excited and scared at the same time! Can't wait until it's finally over!
  • jennifersowerby
    Options
    Thank you! Think of me at 11:55 that is when my surgery is scheduled.
  • gwen6971
    Options
    Jennifer, prayers for a safe surgery.
  • kevm1967
    Options
    Well I'm post gastric Sleeve now. first day or so was a little painful but am now on an all liquid diet and everything seems ok.
  • HRHCaragh
    HRHCaragh Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi *waves*. I am Erika. I've been in the pre gastric sleeve club since October. I've made a lot of changes getting ready for surgery and am down 63 lbs so far. Yesterday I started the pre surgery diet and my surgery date is 5/8/13. I'm so nervous I'm having trouble sleeping! So far I've tried the GNC Orange Cream shake (waaaaaaay too sweet. I need to perhaps mix it with vanilla or something), and the Super Advanced Whey Protein shake in peanut butter chocolate from Walmart. A little watery. I think I'll mix it with less water next time (maybe 6 oz) and perhaps add a tablespoon of powdered milk. I figured I'd post some of my shake experiments/testing here because I for one have NO IDEA which shakes are decently priced and taste ok. Good luck to those having surgery today and to the ones who had surgery the last two days, you are in my thoughts and I hope all is well! I'm so glad I found this board!
  • lmclaine
    lmclaine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So happy to have found this group. I start my pre-op liquid diet on Monday prepping for my surgery on May 20. I have probably gone against the norm and been on a "last meal" food funeral for a couple of weeks now which will make it harder for me when I start this fasting routine. But I love food and drink and it's sad to think of all the things I love that I will not be able to enjoy the same way--forever! However....I have been getting mentally prepared for surgery for a long time now, I'm not afraid of the procedure, just all the limitations after. I'm sure I will adapt, especially when the weight starts coming off. So many happy people in the support groups I have joined, both on-line and in person. I'm nervous but ready to begin the journey and be one of those people!
  • kevm1967
    Options
    Hi, my wife and I have both now had this surgery. She 2 years ago and I last week. My wife now eats all the foods she enjoyed in the past she just gets entrée meals or buys a normal meal and throws out the rest. She went through the same process as you. We all went out for her "Last Meal".
    I never got the chance as I was already on shakes for a week, decided to have surgery, rang the surgeon and he fitted me in a week and a half later. No food funeral :cry:
    After surgery, from my wife's experience the only limitations are meal size and eating slower. However she enjoys her food just as much just less of it, she is a chef too.
    It takes a few months for everything to settle down but then its all good.
    I wasn't worried about surgery either but once I hit the theatre could have bolted :laugh:
    Good luck , hope all goes well
  • HRHCaragh
    Options
    How are you feeling after this surgery last week? I think it's great you are doing this together!
  • kevm1967
    Options
    I had to do it she no longer buys the "I'm twice the guy you married now " line anymore. She lost 55kg (120lbs) over two years
    I'm feeling great actually better than the few weeks before surgery. Heaps of energy, up walking and active, no pain.
    All good, can't fault the surgery.
  • gwen6971
    Options
    I had to do it she no longer buys the "I'm twice the guy you married now " line anymore. She lost 55kg (120lbs) over two years
    I'm feeling great actually better than the few weeks before surgery. Heaps of energy, up walking and active, no pain.
    All good, can't fault the surgery.

Glad to hear you're doing so well!!!
  • HRHCaragh
    Options
    Well I'm bumped over to tomorrow, and I've had my time changed 3 times today so far and i'm FREAKING out. I'm so very nervous!

So currently, its tomorrow at 12:45. Let's see if that sticks!
  • kevm1967
    Options
    Well I'm bumped over to tomorrow, and I've had my time changed 3 times today so far and i'm FREAKING out. I'm so very nervous!

So currently, its tomorrow at 12:45. Let's see if that sticks!
    I only had 2 weeks from when I decided until I had surgery and that was enough for me. Was ready to bolt at the theatre door. Good Luck I can feel your nervousness.