2nd week challenge

Options
marcelka77
marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
Hi lovelies,

Wow what a commitment from all of you !!! I am so pleased with your efforts I hope you will like this week's challenges .

This is our second week challenge !!!! Have fun and get healthy!

There is lbs reward for each part of this challenge

max 7 lbs

Exercise
1. 4 days out of 7 of 30-45 min cardio or strength exercise sessions to be spread out during the week as it suits you best!

sessions of jogging, fast walking, cross-trainer or treadmill,Zumba, Aerobics, Dance, DVD , Gym etc.
(moderate cleaning doesn't count ;) !!! )

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed to do at least 4 sessions!!!

2. Try something new or something you didn't do for a while - independent exercise of your choice for 30 min session at least!!! I know its getting harder to come up with something new :-)) ... so don't worry too much it can be anything interesting unusual - special you would like to share :-))

If you lack inspiration, you can try swimming, clubbing (DANCING!!!), another class at your local gym, or that new DVD , take tennis rackets and go play tennis with kids in park ... or football ... I found out trampoline extremely hard in 0 challenge :-) and since I went to work last week I repeated it 2x and love it :-))

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed

so this week we will concentrate on abs!!! And main challenge Bicycle Crunch.

How to Properly do a Bicycle Crunch
Lie on your back on a mat with knees bent, feet on the floor, and hands behind your head (don’t clasp your fingers). Press your lower back into the mat and tighten your ab muscles as you lift your head, shoulders, and upper back off the floor and simultaneously move your right elbow and left knee toward each other while straightening your right leg (don’t let it touch the ground).

Draw your right knee back up and immediately move your left elbow and right knee toward each other while straightening your left leg; that’s one rep. Continue to move continuously, as if pedaling a bicycle. Do 3 sets of 15 reps 3 times a week. (so 135 )

2qdvcpy.png

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed 2 lbs for most Bicycle Crunches - BUT DON'T OVER DO IT!!!

<b> And we please keep doing squats - why to have abs to kill for without nice booty :-)</b>

so Best Butt Exercises For Women: Squats
Squats are one of the best butt exercises you can do to build a nice round booty and sexy legs. Make sure you keep your abs tight, back straight, weight on heels, and sit your butt back. - there is only 140 to do - try to spread them in at least 3 days!! but of course if you can and want do more . (There is no advantage lbs for squats this week.)

4. Don't forget to take a day rest! Your body needs it.

5. For the WEEK 2 FOOD challenge, I thought we might still keep it BASIC ( I think we will always keep it basic ) ! Let's take this week to focus on breakfast and cooking - preparing breakfast - let other inspire you with their choices and recipes ! I know from looking into diaries - there is so many of you skipping it , but girls (as far as I know we don't have a man in our challenge) come on this is not good for us.

there is NO excuse girls and having 7x a week breakfast is the only way to get 1 lbs advantage (sorry there is only medical excuse not to have a breakfast - please let me know if you need exception)

Keep drinking water - even if it is not our topic!!! I hope you picked up some good tips. I hope you got inspired with fish recipes and will keep eating 2x a week fish or other meals that include omega-3 fatty acids as a highlight

cooking challenge
Also, I will be doing Cooking Challenge for week 2. It will run from today april 29th - may 5th . I need the pictures and ingredients of 1 breakfast you were having this week for yourself . I will be judging on healthiness, calorie amount and presentation .

You must send picture + recipe here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/973760-cooking-challenge-for-week-2-breakfast The requirement this week is breakfast.

Best recipe will get 2 lbs advantage for week 3 weigh in and everyone who post picture will get 1lbs

To sum it
4/7 sessions of exercise 1lbs advantage
1 session of something new - let us know what - 1lbs advantage
135 Bicycle Crunches spread in 3 days - 1 lbs for the everyone who manage to do 135 Bicycle Crunches an extra 1 lbs for person with most squats
7xbreakfast - 1 lbs advantage
recipe - 1 lbs for everyone who post recipe extra 1 lbs for best recipe

Replies

• chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yes love the challenges this week!

It is going to be interesting to see if I can do any of the crunches at work (I did most of my squats at work)!

Good luck ladies x
  • healthy4meN2013
    healthy4meN2013 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    looking forward to this week!
  • tirrelogston
    tirrelogston Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Looks great! I am curious. I drink a special K protein shake for breakfast every morning. This counts for the challenge right? I will do an actually breakfast recipe one morning but this as been a huge hand in the success of my weight loss and I don't want to change that up.
  • UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    Yay love this weeks challenges. I am going to do my best for the green team :happy:
  • BadAtitude
    BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Breakfast??? AAHHH!!! I drink a pot of coffee and don't typically eat until lunch. This is a very good challenge for me as I hate eating in the morning....makes me feel sick before I leave the house.....BUT I am at work now and it is only 8:52 am so I will head to the kitchen and grab a yogurt for today:smile:
  • marcelka77
    Options
    special K counts. Special K is good choice it is great source of protain and fibre.
    Looks great! I am curious. I drink a special K protein shake for breakfast every morning. This counts for the challenge right? I will do an actually breakfast recipe one morning but this as been a huge hand in the success of my weight loss and I don't want to change that up.
  • K0RA
    K0RA Posts: 29
    Options
    I must make a conscious effort to eat breakfast. Don't get me wrong, I love breakfast foods (at lunch time), lol. I will try and do well with this week's food challenge for the brown team. Let's go Brownies!!!!
  • dreamingofhealthy
    dreamingofhealthy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yes I LOVE these challenges this week. The excercise one will be cake... we will likely do these in kickboxing, but we do like 200-300 over the course of an hour class... usually 100 at a time with 2-3 "sessions." so I figure I got that one "in the bag"

I am usually really good about breakfast, even if Its hitting a fast food place like I did today. For the record. Burger king isnt like McDonalds where you can sub an egg white for the yellow egg. As a general rule, I dont eat fast food breakfast though and DO NOT promote it... however, I have been told even thats better than going without... so I thinks its a personal choice, but you have to be careful to keep calories and sodium down!
    I just totally failed to plan something healthy for today. So in am attempt to take out some of the calories and sodium, I didnt eat the egg or the botton "bun."

But really there are a LOT of good breakfast options that store well for the week. My favorite is little mini quiche's. You can make them with egg yolk or without, you can add meat or just veggies. You can make a dozen or so on Sunday afternoon and toss 'em in the freezer, every morning grab two, toss 'em in your bag and they are usually thawed by the time I get to work... pop them in the nuker and you got breakfast! You can make so many varities its hard to get board.

I will post my favorite recipe to the board shortly!

So proud of everyone's work last week!!!! Lets make this week even better! I know I can make LOTS of improvements over last week!!

Go Oranges!
  • briggsf
    briggsf Posts: 28
    Options
    special K counts. Special K is good choice it is great source of protain and fibre.

QUOTE:
    What about special K cereal?
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Going to be a good week for challenges
  • marcelka77
    Options
    very good choice

QUOTE:
    What about special K cereal?
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The bicycle crunches will definitely be a challenge for me. I hate doing any kind of exercises that I have to get on the floor,especially at the gym. I'm just too big for all that , when I get on the floor Its kinda hard to get up !! I never do the last 10 min of step class cause its all floor work. I will try my best do some at home . Thanks for the challenge !!

.net/weight_loss_diet_forum]weight loss forum[/url] today for free weight loss support!
    de36652eaec668a.gif
  • marcelka77
    Options
    but unless we start to do them girl we would never make them abs and body strength and it would be always hard for us to get up :-) but we starting gently you have 7 days to do them (
    The bicycle crunches will definitely be a challenge for me. I hate doing any kind of exercises that I have to get on the floor,especially at the gym. I'm just too big for all that , when I get on the floor Its kinda hard to get up !! I never do the last 10 min of step class cause its all floor work. I will try my best do some at home . Thanks for the challenge !!

.net/weight_loss_diet_forum]weight loss forum[/url] today for free weight loss support!
    de36652eaec668a.gif
  • cgphelps24
    cgphelps24 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I thought the same thing about the squats. My daughter said I wasn't doing them right because I wasn't going all the way down like you should, but after a week of doing them I was able to do them correctly, and my leg and butt muscles are sure firmer. Just give it a try and you will get it!!
    but unless we start to do them girl we would never make them abs and body strength and it would be always hard for us to get up :-) but we starting gently you have 7 days to do them (

de36652eaec668a.gif