Postpartum Tummy Wrap

Options
ehg87
ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
I admittedly know nothing on this topic, which is why I'm posting it:smile: Curious if anyone here plans to, or has previously wrapped postpartum...with The Cinch or some other abdominal wrap. I've heard it's pretty much the norm following a c-section, but I'm curious after a vaginal delivery....Thoughts???

Replies

• Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I did after my son was born!

Wore it for about three weeks, just during the day. It wasn't all that comfortable and sometimes it would shift or ride up, but i would just rip it off and re-wrap.

My stomach flattened really quickly after delivery (vaginal), that's why I stopped wearing it. Was it due to the wrap? I have no idea, but I was vain enough to give it a try and I'll do it again with the next baby.
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I used a generic one- I think it was from CVS for less than $20. I have no idea if it did anything, but at least I know I tried!
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have no shame in using one!! lol. I asked around and heard that the belly bandit isn't exactly necessary and is pretty expensive.

I heard that wrapping with a generic exercise wrap does the exact same thing, so I bought a $10 gold's gym wrap at Walmart....also the advantage with the exercise wraps is they adjust to size...whereas with some of the expensive post partum products you end up having to buy a second one a week later as you get smaller.

Not sure if wrapping works, but I am willing to give it a try!
  • Andrea3030
    Andrea3030 Posts: 161
    Options
    They are awful. I got a Bella Band and I couldn't even wear it because it was so uncomfortable while nursing.

I wouldn't waste your money.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm a FTM, but I've researched the different brands. Decided to splurge and buy the Squeem Vest. Also ordered a Medela belly band as backup.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I bought a belly bandit...completely uncomfortable and shows under clothes. I then bought some one piece shapewear that works pretty well. I didn't wear that until two weeks postpartum though.