Anyone building a bike

Options
ftwmc
ftwmc Posts: 47 Member
Just cleaning out the shed, threw all the old chopper bits together and have 3 parts of a build.
So this is what's happening
1 Plunger framed springer sporty ol skool might use a late model motor in this
2 Restoring an old Suzuki RV with my son
3 Shouting myself an S&S Knuckle motor, softail springer at goal weight buying a part at each mile stone
4 Rigid Springer ironhead daily ride

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I've started accumulating the parts to rebuild my Kawasaki Vulcan 750. The stator died a couple of years ago. You have to drop the engine to replace the stator, so I figured, why not just rebuild it? I hope to end up with a fabulous rust free PURPLE bike when I'm done! Love my Vulcan!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Nice stable there! Love your plans for the 'goal project' bike.

Ceci I've been accumulating parts, too. I have a HD Heritage Springer and I've been buying cosmetic stuff for it for over a year. Just did new tires, trued the spokes, put on new true dual pipes, and replaced the cams with beefier ones because the cam tensioners needed to be replaced due to the MoCo's design flaw.

Yes, I had someone else do all of these things LOL. I'm not going to try to lie.

Last week I scored some gently used custom painted tins from E-Bay and I am all excited about that!
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just cleaning out the shed, threw all the old chopper bits together and have 3 parts of a build.
    So this is what's happening
    1 Plunger framed springer sporty ol skool might use a late model motor in this
    2 Restoring an old Suzuki RV with my son
    3 Shouting myself an S&S Knuckle motor, softail springer at goal weight buying a part at each mile stone
    4 Rigid Springer ironhead daily ride

Nice project list.
    Haven't seen a plunger frame in a long time. Should make a nice ride.
  • ftwmc
    ftwmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks looking forward to it