Tortilla Wraps!! UK

Options
Mazzyx
Mazzyx Posts: 131
I just wanted to share that I have found the nicest Gluten Free Wraps going!!
Newburn by Warburtons. Currently only sold in Tesco and at a a pricey £3 for 3 wraps, but when is Gluten Free ever cheap?! But they are worth it :smile:
xx

Replies

• cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options
    ooh ! i appreciate this post. thank you! :) newburn GF bread is lovely too :)
  • Mazzyx
    Options
    Im glad you appreciate ^_^
    I have the brown rolls at home which Im rather excited to eat! :laugh: :smile:
  • fatfishy
    fatfishy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I made g/f 'wraps' by making crepes using Doves farm plain flour. It was an experiment really, but they were fine for lunch with fillings. Cost pennies. If you're interested, the recipe is a Jamie Oliver one. Use a cup, any size (I use a kids plastic one) and into a jug blender, put:
    1 cup g/f plain flour
    1 cup milk
    1 egg

Whizz till blended

Oil a frying pan and pour in batter, once cooked, either use warm for fajitas etc or cool on a rack for cold fillings.
    makes about 6 crepes.

I can't afford £3 for 3 wraps, so needs must!!
  • Mazzyx
    Options
    Thanks Fatfishy! :happy: Ill defo try that! xx
  • KindredSpirit89
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up & also thanks for the recipe!
  • fattybumclaire
    fattybumclaire Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If you go on to the warburtons facebook page or website they also have some lovely recipes that you can make using their products. At christmas they made mince pie turnover style puddings using the wraps. They are awesome :)

They also freeze really well, I freeze them flat and it is easy to take just one out and defrost. :)
  • ser67
    ser67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The wraps are nice (and expensive). They do make nice pizza bases. I like the idea of using crepes as wraps.
  • firefly_xx
    firefly_xx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've found the 'BFree' wraps to be good as well, and cheaper at £2.80 for 6 wraps at ASDA!

but I do agree, the warburtons range are very tasty and a good treat, although they are slightly on the thick side.