What is your workout like?

Options
Unaisha8
Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
For instance, I'm a big fan of Billy Blanks Tae Bo workouts but I want to change for a bit because I'm getting bored of them. So I decided I'll give Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred workout a go. Also, I would like to know which workouts are helping you guys to reach your goal weight. Thank you :happy:

Replies

• missharleychick
    Options
    I am doing mostly P90 right now to lose weight. I did buy the Brazil Butt Lift and started that, but I needed something more intense. Not to mention I felt like a complete tard shaking my butt alone in my loft. smh

I will do the butt lift when I lose weight and am focused on toning.

I also have a few pilates videos that I will do from time to time, but for now I want weight loss\strength training, so I am with P90.
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 Day Shred today too. Before starting that, I was alternating strength training workouts that I found in Prevention and Self magazines. I tend to slack on that kind of stuff when I'm on my own though. I think doing 30 Day Shred will help a lot with that. I know this morning I was sweating quite a bit!

I also run on my treadmill 5-6 nights a week. When I first started running in February my goal was to do one mile a day - now I'm up to 4 miles a day, with one or two "lighter" days of 3 miles or so. I'm going to increase my distance by a quarter mile each week. I don't actually run the entire time, I take walking breaks when I need to, but I don't allow myself to walk for more than a quarter mile. My last full mile I'll walk for 2 minutes, then sprint at a speed anywhere from 7.5 - 9 for one minute, and alternate walking and sprinting until the last mile is complete. It's tough and sometimes I feel like I'm going to die, but I feel great when I finally catch my breath!
  • Unaisha8
    Options
    I am doing mostly P90 right now to lose weight. I did buy the Brazil Butt Lift and started that, but I needed something more intense. Not to mention I felt like a complete tard shaking my butt alone in my loft. smh

I will do the butt lift when I lose weight and am focused on toning.

I also have a few pilates videos that I will do from time to time, but for now I want weight loss\strength training, so I am with P90.

That's really good. My friend has achieved amazing results with P90 and pilates really tone the whole body. Good luck :smile:
  • Unaisha8
    Options
    I just started 30 Day Shred today too. Before starting that, I was alternating strength training workouts that I found in Prevention and Self magazines. I tend to slack on that kind of stuff when I'm on my own though. I think doing 30 Day Shred will help a lot with that. I know this morning I was sweating quite a bit!

I also run on my treadmill 5-6 nights a week. When I first started running in February my goal was to do one mile a day - now I'm up to 4 miles a day, with one or two "lighter" days of 3 miles or so. I'm going to increase my distance by a quarter mile each week. I don't actually run the entire time, I take walking breaks when I need to, but I don't allow myself to walk for more than a quarter mile. My last full mile I'll walk for 2 minutes, then sprint at a speed anywhere from 7.5 - 9 for one minute, and alternate walking and sprinting until the last mile is complete. It's tough and sometimes I feel like I'm going to die, but I feel great when I finally catch my breath!

You're right, it will definitelyt help and when I look at people's before and after pics, they really motivate me. You're so lucky, I wish I had a treadmill at home as well so that I don't have to drag my *kitten* to gym everyday. Anyway good luck :smile:
  • TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm staying away from videos. I'm trying to be outside as much as possible (running, martial arts, walking, playing, hiking, etc) and to hit the gym every chance I get. Tho pulling out Insanity every now and then does get me pumped!
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've got them all:

Billy Blanks
    Jillian
    P90X
    I try to mix them up because I like all my videos and doing one all the time can get boring. We are starting another round of P90X and now that spring is here, I'm back to running (helps me get the cobwebs out, lol) which I love to do so much!
  • tameekag
    tameekag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    All of my workouts are at the gym - either bootcamp classes or personal training (1x a week).
    I workout 6 days a week and do a variety of exercises. Each workout includes lots of body weight movements like squats and pushups, TRX, exercise bands, stability ball, bosu ball, kettlebells and heavy weights. The bootcamps are either tabata style or HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). Tabata is performing exercises at max intensity for 20 seconds with 10 seconds of rest...repeat each exercise 8 times, move to a new exercise and repeat.

I also add extra cardio from time to time by running a mile on the treadmill either before or after a bootcamp.

My strength and endurance continues to improve and I am seeing more muscle tone and definition. Shedding 20lbs of fat will make a big difference.
  • mcwdvm
    mcwdvm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I mostly run and follow the gorilla workout ap on my i phone. I sometimes do JNL Fusion videos (Jennifer Nicole Lee) They are about 35 minutes long and TOUGH!
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I've been working on C25K - sometimes on our treadmill and sometimes outside. When I finish, i always tack on a nice long walk. On alternate days I hike for an hour or more - which i love. Started 30 Day Shred today.

Eventually I'd like to do some weight training, but I currently don't have a gym membership. I had cancelled it because we weren't using it! I think I'll sign up again as a reward for myself after I've lost 25 lbs.