Almost SwimSuit Time!! (What do you hate to shop for?)

Options
TheFabTam
TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
So I know this has always been a horrible time of year for me. Buying the swimsuits for the summertime. I end up leaving to cry in my car most times, because I get so exasperated with trying to find a suit I FEEL GOOD IN. I can't even take people with me to clothes shop let alone for bathing suits. Never worn a bikini my whole life.
This year will be the same, but the goal for me is to walk into a department store, try on a... Bikini.... and feel confident enough to walk out the dressing room to ask my girlfriends if this is the one! I'm wanting that to be me next year!

What is the hardest thing for you to shop for? Why? What do you want it to be like? When will it be like that for you?

Replies

• TheFabTam
    Options
    Check out some of these sweet suits! I really like the Crochet one.

http://living.msn.com/shopping/fashion/swimwear-trends-for-2013-1
  • missharleychick
    Options
    I will shop for a bikini end of June, prior to my Vegas trip. I dread having a bikini on this year, this is the first time I have dreaded it. So I keep that in mind and it is part of my motivation.

That first bikini listed, the retro one is so damn cute! LOVE!!!
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I went shopping one month ago and tried on a gorgeous jeans then it hit me hard. I didn't fit in a size 8 jeans, I nearly cried in the fitting room so I had to get a size 10. Therefore, I'm determined to lose those extra pounds so that I can buy a bikini which this should be in June/July.

By the way, those bikinis look gorgeous :)
  • TheFabTam
    Options
    I went shopping one month ago and tried on a gorgeous jeans then it hit me hard. I didn't fit in a size 8 jeans, I nearly cried in the fitting room so I had to get a size 10. Therefore, I'm determined to lose those extra pounds so that I can buy a bikini which this should be in June/July.

By the way, those bikinis look gorgeous :)
    I know what you mean. I used to be in a size 12 pants now Im in a 18. Sucks. But now is the time for change!
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I hate shopping for them PERIOD! LOL But I was a brave little soul back in the fall/winter season when Victoria Secret had all their swimwear on sale!! (woo hoo) So the hubs encouraged me to buy one, so I did. Got a two piece :noway: and was pretty please with it ! I have big boobs, so I usually have a hard time finding one that supports them enough, and I have very wide hips and my love handles always hang over, BUT this one supports me & has adjustable straps on the bottom to losen or tighten YAY!

I also found one a couple months ago at walmart-who knew right? and it is a one piece, but is barely connected with a little piece of material in the middle. This one im super excited to wear, it made me feel pretty sexy actually. And that is rare.

However, I do have a ways to go before I'll feel ok wearing them in public & be confident in them... so I can't wait to lose the weight, tighten up, and post a pic for all you lovlies !