Compression bra? Jogging advice?

Options
Hi all! Very happy to have found this group. It seems most of the time when I talk about this with my friends no one understands where I am coming from on many levels. But here is my issue in a nutshell...... I was DCIS with lumpectomy and then 33 sessions of RADS. I am HAPPY to be over 2 1/2 years NED. I gained about 30 pounds between not exercising when going through treatment, then getting lazy and feeling sorry for myself, then quitting smoking (which I know... I should have done when I was going through cancer treatment but it was a 25 year habit that I am now done with for over a year), and some of my issue has been the weirdly insane amount of scar tissue that I ended up with in my breast and armpit that hurts like HELL when I do any kind of running (aka bouncing of the breast). I was told this would go away by my oncologist. I never has and they don't know why. Finally I am to the point that I don't care anymore if it hurts because I need to get healthy again. Maybe if I lose some weight it won't hurt as much? Who knows... BUT does anyone have any suggestions for a compression bra for exercising that isn't insanely expensive? I am only a B cup. Also any suggestions on how to jog without the girls bouncing so much? Using an elliptical is good because I don't have the up and down motion, but I live in Austin, TX and love getting out to all the awesome parks and trails here so don't want to only be in a gym. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I can't help you myself, (I had double mastectomy with no chance of reconstruction.) but have you visited a bra shop? Or maybe the American Cancer Society could help. The one in the county you live in would be a good resource.
    Good luck.
  • Spamee
    Spamee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi Texaslonghorn,
    Is there a chance that you may have Truncal Lymphedema that is causing all of this pain...vs just scar tissue?
    It might be a good idea to be evaluated by a certified lymphedema therapist.
    I have truncal lymphdema & stage 0 arm LE. It has casued major pain for me.

I have tried about 20 sports bras. Unfortunately they all sit in my drawer
    The one I like best is by Champion. It is called Double Dry. it has an underwire...So that may not work for some. it does not bother me. You can find it at Kohls & other stores. The smallest is a C cup...But it might be worth trying on & see what fits.
    Some of their other styles might work for you too.

5 years NED