DAY 13

Options
10 The crowds asked, “What should we do?”

11 John replied, “If you have two shirts, give one to the poor. If you have food, share it with those who are hungry.”

12 Even corrupt tax collectors came to be baptized and asked, “Teacher, what should we do?”

13 He replied, “Collect no more taxes than the government requires.”

14 “What should we do?” asked some soldiers.

John replied, “Don’t extort money or make false accusations. And be content with your pay.”

Replies

• paulaj1887
    paulaj1887 Posts: 22
    Options
    And be content with your pay.”

That one I find hard to do at times for me.:brokenheart:
  • kimbershep
    kimbershep Posts: 72
    Options
    LUKE 3:10-14
    10 The crowds asked, “What should we do?” 11 John replied, “If you have two shirts, give one to the poor. If you have food, share it with those who are hungry."

OBSERVATION
    John seemed to be on point and knew what he was called to do. He was "straight across the board" so to speak. He preached with firmness letting the people know exactly what they needed to do in order to get their lives right: give to the poor/needy. Tax collectors who were hated because they were corrupt with taking more than what was asked to give for taxes and keeping it for themselves. This was basically stealing and being dishonest. John the Baptist told them to only collect what taxes were due and nothing more. Be honest and God will bless you. Soldiers who used their authority to their advantage were told to be honest...don't; exhort money and don't lie on people and use it to your advantage. I know there are times when we may not know that we have sinned but for the most part, we all know when we are wrong. John the Baptist shared a word from God with the people to show them what they needed to do to repent and get back into good graces with God. We have the word that we can read daily to help us keep a clean heart and a right spirit. The more we read, meditate and pray, the more we are placing our flesh under subjection and we live as God desires.

PRAYER
    Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word that you have blessed us with to help guide us daily. Help me Lord to keep a clean heart and a right spirit. I thank you for all things and ask these blessings in Jesus' name I pray, Amen.
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Observation: We need to realize the importance of giving to those in need.

Application: as a christian we need to recognize whenever someone is in need.

Prayer: Help me to be a more giving person and learn to recognize when those are in need. lead me to those you want me to give too.