Jack of all trades...5/1/2013

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Ever heard the phrase "variety is the spice of life?" Well, I have and I like it! Keeps boredom and mediocrity at bay! It also lets you know there are challenges out there...oh not to defeat you but to make you go, "hmmm can I do that? I want to work up to it!"
So your challenge today is to add to your workout routine the variations of Jumping Jacks! Simple exercise but you can spice it up or start from the beginning as one video has for those with knee issues....but as I read most of you can do those high powered ones! I like how you can do the routine if you don't have a lot of time in a day but still get some great cardio in!
DO 3 sets of 20 if standard or the 1st video or the 3 sets of the 2nd one. Get into it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK0kx_Dt9WI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztHl_gU9kHE

The cool part is your kids will want to do them with you too!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Sigh... on the no no list until Doc decides what to do with ankle, guess I will to squats or some such instead.....
  • bberg0521
    bberg0521 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Variety is key for me. I get bored easily and that is why I can never do the 30 day shred. I am actually working with a trainer and she changes it up for me each week. Its so fun! Now if I could just get my eating under control
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    Variety is key for me. I get bored easily and that is why I can never do the 30 day shred. I am actually working with a trainer and she changes it up for me each week. Its so fun! Now if I could just get my eating under control
    Right there with ya! I get bored easily too, thankfully my combat instructor changes the music and routines every two weeks in combat and trainer (same person) changes up my training session every week and food is my challenge as well.
    We'll make it through, like everybody here says: baby steps!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Goodness I hate jumping jacks, but I'll do 'em. :grumble:
  • threadlove
    threadlove Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Holy Crapaloni! I can do it!!!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Sigh... on the no no list until Doc decides what to do with ankle, guess I will to squats or some such instead.....

You can't do the ones where you tap side to side?
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options

You can't do the ones where you tap side to side?
    Did not think about those!!!! Yay! Can do!!!!!!!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Jumping Jacks suck! :sad: This is one of the only reasons I don't like having a big chest, jumping is hell.

I can do the side ones though :wink:
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I tried the second video and man who knew doing just a couple minutes of jumping jacks could get you so out of breath! Haha Thanks for the videos, Garlic! I always love adding some variety to my workouts. :smile:
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Jumping Jacks suck! :sad: This is one of the only reasons I don't like having a big chest, jumping is hell.

Uh, I disagree, burpees suck more. :tongue: I can do jumping jacks wearing two sport bars. I wear two for any exercise since I'm big chested otherwise its :embarassed: time. I'm getting better at burpees but I think I'll always hate them.

Burpee Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLTo-V6RgiE

I did a ton of jumping jacks variations in my audition of the Turbo Kick Class last night. We do variations of the majority of the second video in Tabata or Karate classes. More than 80 jumping jacks in a row has me reaching for my inhaler.

I went looking for a video for four and eight count jumping jacks and couldn't find them. I found some other karate jumping jacks and have no desire to share those with the instructor. Our class ones are bad enough. Perhaps I should video my kid doing them and then load it to YouTube. :laugh:
  • garlic7girl
    Options

Uh, I disagree, burpees suck more. :tongue: I can do jumping jacks wearing two sport bars. I wear two for any exercise since I'm big chested otherwise its :embarassed: time. I'm getting better at burpees but I think I'll always hate them.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Okay I know I am late but I did this today and boy am I tired esp if you do several rounds of is! I did the 2nd one and only one time of the first one. Whew!