First Week Challenge (Joining Challenge)

Options

Replies

• cathybabe70
    cathybabe70 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I'm Cathy. Been on MFP since the first week of January. Love the description of the group...I'm done with fad diets and well, dieting period. The changes I've made, I intend to continue for life. This is a lifestyle change for me not a diet. My goals are to increase the amount of workouts from 3 days a week to 5 and burn 2,500 to 3,500 calories each week. Also, I'd like to add some good strength/weight training since my focus thus far has mainly been on cardio. Could barely get up the stairs in my house without huffing and puffing a few months ago...but now I'm training to do my very first half-marathon in November. Another goal I have is to learn more about nutrition so that I am not only staying within my alotted daily caolories but making each(err...ok, most) of those calories count. Would love to drop another 10 pounds by the time the challenge is over. July 4th just happens to be my birthday...so I will definitely be celebrating that day. Look forward to making some new friends here to celebrate with. :happy:
  • Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Miss_Hiker_Pants Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have 12 weeks to lose 10lbs........ok really if I lost 5, I would be thrilled . I'm at a plateau.
    I am climbing Mount Adams in July (2nd Tallest Mountain in Washington State) I am on a strict work out plan & need all the support I can get.
    Not on a fad diet, but I am trying to eat home made , non processed food as much as possible.

Goals - Extreme workouts every morning. Sundays - Rest day, Saturdays Extreme Mountain Condtioning. Last weekend I packed a 40lb pack for 8 miles & 4.5 of that was all up hill.

This weekend I'm taking a break, but will still be walking, on the beach of WA. Coast.
  • naenae756
    naenae756 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I plan on continuing Insanity (I am on day 9). I also plan on walking at least 1.5 to 2 miles a day except when its rainy like today. I have final exams coming up on June 3rd and 4th and I want to be in great shape to show off a little bit;) I also want to do a 3K soon! I can barely jog for a tenth of a mile without having to stop! I binged last night and today and ate like 5 cinnamon rolls! I curse my mother for making delicious homemade cinnamon rolls!;) I am hoping to also drink at least 64 ounces of water a day.

Hopefully this group will be a motivator to keep up the work I have been doing and believe me it is work! Insanity is named Insanity for a reason! I also hope that by June 3rd I can fit into my short shorts and wear them to finals to show off my figure! Thanks for reading my goals! Good luck everyone!
  • Christinamarie77
    Christinamarie77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I'm feeling great so far.
  • Christinamarie77
    Christinamarie77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I'm Cathy. Been on MFP since the first week of January. Love the description of the group...I'm done with fad diets and well, dieting period. The changes I've made, I intend to continue for life. This is a lifestyle change for me not a diet. My goals are to increase the amount of workouts from 3 days a week to 5 and burn 2,500 to 3,500 calories each week. Also, I'd like to add some good strength/weight training since my focus thus far has mainly been on cardio. Could barely get up the stairs in my house without huffing and puffing a few months ago...but now I'm training to do my very first half-marathon in November. Another goal I have is to learn more about nutrition so that I am not only staying within my alotted daily caolories but making each(err...ok, most) of those calories count. Would love to drop another 10 pounds by the time the challenge is over. July 4th just happens to be my birthday...so I will definitely be celebrating that day. Look forward to making some new friends here to celebrate with. :happy:

That's amazing!!!!
  • RandyDande
    RandyDande Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to reply to a post or if there is another way to do it...Anyhow, I'll figure it out. Very happy to join this group. My goals for this first week in May are:
    to track my foods each day
    run 3 times this week x 5 km
  • Cacophony1
    Cacophony1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    New to MFP...but not new to cycle of "die-eating"..too much..yo-yo weight progresses to practically every "diet" on the market..

So far, I find MFP tracking in my foods to be easier than other tracking oriented programs...I don't like having to do a lot of math..nor so focused on food...MFP gives me a breaher to just plug in my foods PLANNING to eat, see what it will cost me and adjust portion size ofr choice accordingly...

Anyway,,,Goal..
    1. DON'T STOP..DON'T LISTEN TO VOICE IN MY HEAD TELLING ME TO STOP AND "JUST EAT SOMETHING FAST AND EASY FROMA FAT-FOOD JOINT..

2. Log it in no matter what it was or HOW MUCH of it , it was..Log it in, track it..see what I'm prone to eating too much of and work to reduce the "overage" of sorts..lol...

3. MOVE MY BODY doing SOMETHING-ANYTHING everyday in some form of planned/organized body moving...even if can't get to a fancy gym..do something 7days/wk...

MAIN GOAL SO FAR DOING:...TRULY GET OUT Of BED IN AM AND "MOVE" FOR 45-1ht watching my 5:00 am morning news..get ready for work.kids/school..work...come home..dinner...then MOVE again 45-1 hr...thus TWICE a day...split my "body moving" hrs...so to get in about 2- 3 hrs per day burning at least 300-500 calories per session..thus 900-1000 cals/day...
  • MarlaStuck
    MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have been here since February 2013. I recently have banished the scale monitoring from my being...

My goals are:
    Calorie limit 1330 daily
    Cardio 6 days a week
    Strength 3 days a week (Resume my strength routines at lunch time.)
    Reduce inches on waist, hips & arms Aiming for 1-2" in this challenge. Pretty aggressive--

Thank You for supporting my efforts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow, those are aggressive goals, and you will smoke your inch goal with it-glad to have you with us.
  • MarlaStuck
    MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this group for a new challenge! I've been tracking on MFP for over a year and not seeing very good results. Yesterday I decided to start fresh, new profile, diary is public, no excuses! I think setting goals will be key for me, and hopefully this group can help.

My goals for my renewing week are:
    log every bite every day
    exercise 4 days this week

I'm working towards a Color Run 5k in September, so I'll need to set some short term goals to help get me there.
    Outstanding. I love the couch potato to 5k app to get running again.
    Welcome!
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am back after a break, in which I gained about 8-10 pounds.
    Overall goals:
    ~lose 25 pounds
    ~increase health through better food choices and activity

Goals for next month:
    lose weight (hopefully 8 pounds)
    log everything
    DO NOT lie to myself about what I've consumed...LOL!!
    Eat until satisfied...NOT bursting
    some sort of exercise 5/7 days week

My oldest son graduates from High School one month from today and I REALLY want to look better and feel better!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and give support for our goals
    ~Allie
  • AlicesNirvanaHealthWellness
    Options
    I'm still sort of new to mfp, but I have really been going about loafing in food for the past two-three weeks,,, started walking end of march, but April weather stunk so it was a little difficult to get to motivated,,,
    My goal is to bet healthier,,,too many friends on daily meds and don't want to face that because of myself,,,
    So eating much less processed foods, less sugar, less cholesterol ,
    Journal food at least six days every week (try for 7)
    Walk a minimum five days a week for 5 miles each day,s. kettle ball exercise squats 3 nights a week
  • cathybabe70
    cathybabe70 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

That's amazing!!!!

Thanks! :blushing:
  • KaeChelle77
    KaeChelle77 Posts: 43
    Options
    I just found this group and would like to join in. Everyone has great goals so far!!

My main goal for this week through Sunday is to walk 3 miles each day Friday through Sunday. My husband and I are doing a 5K May 18. I am nowhere near ready, but we are doing it to challenge ourselves, even if we are the slowest ones. I cannot walk fast at all, and I definitely can't run. So I'm just trying to practice going 3 miles as many times as I can between now and then to get used to the distance.

My other goal is to start adding more fruits and veggies into my meals. I don't eat them much. Today I didn't have any!
  • Howie3123
    Howie3123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love the name of the group so here I am. I used to be a regular on here but I got sick and then just let life get in the way.

My goals this week:
    3 days of couch 2 5k
    At least 1 day of HIIT
    Log food daily
    Strength train 4 days

May Goals:
    100 squats a day challenge
    Eat cleaner...less processed foods, soda less than once every 10 days
    Lift 4 times a week m/t/r/f
    Couch to 5k on m/w/f
    Work up to HIIT 3 days a week t/r/s
    On HIIT days also do low intensity cardio for at least 20 minutes
    Lose 8lbs
  • Buglindsey1979
    Buglindsey1979 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for starting another challenge Marla! I missed the inspiration and accountability that the group provides.

Tomorrow is my last day of work before a two month hiatus and move. My goal is to use this time off to get outside and exercise with my family. I also need to be careful that the stress of the move and idle hands won't lead me into the kitchen. I would like to be down another 10lbs by the end of the challenge and in time to start my new job in July.

I am looking forward to the next couple of months. I know this will be a great group!
  • parnyparn
    parnyparn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi this week I want to learn to embrace the changes I am seeing in my body and learn to not step on the scale and trust in the strength training.
    I have fallen in love with turbo fire and saying that feels weird.
    I leave for my yearly Carnival vacation soon and for the first time i hunted down a Gym to workout while I'm on vacation in St.Lucia for 6 weeks. (healthy lifestlye change yeah me)
  • angelabailey89
    Options
    I'm fairly new to myfitnesspal but I'm excited to be in your challenge group. I really think it will help me stay on track!

Here are my goals:
    Lose at least 15 pounds (my first weight loss goal).
    Eat clean, unprocessed food (mostly limiting sugar intake).
    Work out 4 -6 days a week (30 - 60 min.).
    Lose 1 - 2 pants sizes.
    Increase strength, energy level and flexibility.
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    2013 Goal Seekers
    Topic: First Week Challenge (Joining Challenge)HI EVERYONE,

IM GRANNY GWEN FOR A REASON I HAVE 40 GRAND KIDS AND SOMEWHERE AROUND 8 GREATS AND 7 KIDS(PLUS SPOUSES, LOL IM ALSO BUDDYS MOMMY MY VERY SPOILED POM.

MY SW 265, MY GW 135 MY CW 238.4 LOST 26.6#

THIS PAST MONTH HAS BEEN A ROLLER COASTER RIDE WITH A LOT OF CURVES.

MY GOUL THIS WEEK:

TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF MY LIFE, ITS UP TO ME WHAT I DO WITH IT .AND I CHOSE
    TO HAVE FUN AS I CHANGE MY INTO MY NEW LIFESTYLE, EXERCISING AND EATING PLAN.

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK

MAY MANY BLESSINGS COME YOUR WAY,

GG

PS: YES I ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPS, AND NO I WILL NOT STOP... LOL
  • mrsmunoz129
    mrsmunoz129 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I put it in rice last night when I got home from work but we will see... its like my little personal accountability friend in my pocket. If I dont log it before I eat it, Im finding its harder to control my portions & easier to slack off on working out. Looking into switching providers... regardless I need to have a new phone before next week!

Silly question but I have eaten so much healthy food in the last couple of weeks my body isnt used to it & my stomach hurts after eating. Will my body eventually adjust to eating such fibrous things like raw veggies or will I have gas pain regularly after these kinds of foods??
  • Liedel
    Liedel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    This is my first group so I'm a neebie at this. My goals for this challenge are to drink my 64 oz. of water everyday and get in 65 grams of protein each day. Started walking on Monday and am shooting for at least 3 days of that per week. Mainly looking for toning right now.