Eating the same things each day....

Options
KimPratt222
KimPratt222 Posts: 36 Member
Am I the only crazy person that basically eats the SAME foods every single day, just to stay on track and make my life simple?? And I really do not mind! Anyone else like this?

Replies

• KimPratt222
    Options
    I am wondering, though, if eating lean dairy prodcuts is keeping me from getting leaner? I eat fat free greek yogurt and low fat cottage cheese. Anyone give up dairy and notice that they got leaner? Might be something worth trying.
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Me ! I like to prep early in the week and keep most of my meals the same

What is your usual meals?
  • Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Oh Goodness yes. I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch almost every day.
    I will vary up my snacks a bit (not a lot) and vary supper meals as well because I like to cook.
    It is just easier if I have the same thing and not have to take the time to fix something different in the mornings when I am rushed.
    As for the dairy products I have no clue but would be interested in finding out as well.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Kim, I think that if you are eating at a deficit and lifting weights to help retain LBM, you will get leaner. Exchanging dairy for something else, if the calorie amounts stay the same, won't make any difference.

My breakfast is always the same. And I have the same staples in my freezer -- like Kopmom I mostly prep on the weekends and reheat during the week. I don't do it to stay on track and make my life simple so much as because I lack enough imagination to do much more beyond marinating chicken breasts, roasting turkey breasts, making taco meat, baking rice and sweet potatoes, and making some protein muffins. When I get bored, I go in search of new recipes, but those are my staples for now. Oh yes, and pork loin done in the crockpot with some chicken stock. :bigsmile:
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Me! My breakfast is the same everyday (cereal), and on days I have to work, I eat the same thing for lunch (Greek yogurt!). Dinner is the only thing that really changes for me. I meal plan all of my dinners too. If I allow myself to get hungry without a plan, that's when my give a damn goes out the window and I pig out on not-so-good food.
  • KimPratt222
    Options
    Me ! I like to prep early in the week and keep most of my meals the same

What is your usual meals?

Me too. I prep cook on the weekend and have everything portioned out in the fridge to grab during the week. You can view my diary if you'd like, but here are my basic meals, with very little variations:

Meal 1: oats and almond milk plus a whey protein shake with cod liver oil and raw cacao nibs.
    Meal 2: 0% fat, plain greek yogurt sweetened with stevia
    Meal3: 5 oz beef plus 400g of veggies
    Meal 4: 300g lowfat cottage cheese with lots of veggies again...usually celery, cucumbers and red or orange peppers
    Meal 5: this varies a little each day...sometime fish and veggies, sometimes Miracle Noodles with egg whites and veggies...always a lean protein with more veggies though.
    Meal 6: this is right before bed...usually 6 egg whites mixed with 1/4 cup almond meal with cinnamon and stevia. I make it like a big pancake.

That's pretty much it every day, with a "refeed day" on Saturday. I go high carb/higher calorie on Saturday and allow myself a treat of frozen yogurt or something like that.
  • KimPratt222
    Options
    Kim, I think that if you are eating at a deficit and lifting weights to help retain LBM, you will get leaner. Exchanging dairy for something else, if the calorie amounts stay the same, won't make any difference.

Yes, def. lifting heavy weights to retain LBM. :) I've heard that cutting dairy out can help some people, so I might try it. That and the fact that when I eat it, I just don't feel as good as I used to when I ate it before, if that makes sense. makes me feel kinda bloated now. Or maybe that's the 400g of broccoli I eat at lunch that is bloating me. LOL!