Any one have rats?

Options
Does any one else have rats?

I own a small rattery (Windy Hill Rattery) in Missouri.

Rats are such amazing pets!!

Replies

• Scottish_Lass
    Options
    I dont, but my best mates do and I love them so much! Rats are so adorable, and so very intelligent. I want to get about 50 billion of them and just lie covered in wee ratties <3

Erm... anyway, yeah they are definitely one of the best pets I've seen/been around. I want to get me a pair of them but I also have cats and I'm not really sure how that'd go so I'm playing it safe by cuddling my friends rats instead.
  • sunnysophie
    Options
    Meee :) My mum bought three a couple years ago from a pet shop and one ended up being pregnant! We ended up with 12 rats! When I moved out a little while after I took three of the boys with me and still have them now, they will be two on the 16th of march :) Love my little ratties!
  • cococa
    cococa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I used to have pet rats. Same experience - one was pregnant. The babies were adorable. Unfortunately my youngest brother left the cage open, and the mama rat got out, broke into the bird cage, and killed my parakeet. We didn't get any more pet rats after that.
  • Laice_PS_Enoon
    Options
    I used to have a rat and will again one day (currently living back with mum and she wont let me have one). He was the sweetest, gentlest pet I ever had. His name was Gerald and he was a spoilt sook! ... rats make wonderful pets (as long as you shut the cage properly). He got a respiratory infection and had to be put down.
    I just remember before I got him when one day I woke up one day and just said to myself I want a rat and I'll call him Gerald! and so I did just that. My friend got jealous so she went out and got one too and named him Bernard but he was no where near as sooky as Gerald!
  • darkvoodoo
    darkvoodoo Posts: 8
    Options
    I LOVE my rats, all 15+ of them,lol
  • ropermom
    ropermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My sons had rats and they were so smart. My oldest even had a leash for one. They would lock them in the underwear drawer when cleaning the cage and you can imagine how their underwear looked!:ohwell:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    My brother started with 1 male, then got 3 females and the inevitable happened....2 gave birth to 22 females but all 3 cared for them.

They were kept in a huge, converted oak dresser that was in the living room. Clever little sods, they learned how to reach thru the wire front of their cage and unlatch the door. Not so funny chasing down 20+ rats running around your house at 4am, did that more than once until he fitted a padlock.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I have four ratties! Two males and two spayed girls.
  • Fairlady_z
    Fairlady_z Posts: 2
    Options
    I have 4 rats, all males. They are incredible pets!! I accidentally left their cage open one night and woke up to them all sleeping in their house! They are SO cute!
  • darkvoodoo
    Options
    Rats are so smart :)
  • MOJOtheDUCK
    Options
    I don't have any rats but I did make good friends with one. Believe it or not, one of my sorority sisters in college had a pet rat and we kept him in the sorority house! He was the bees knees! They are very good pets
  • crimsongypsy
    crimsongypsy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have three rats-Charlie (himalayan standard), Josie (fawn hooded dumbo) and Nigel (fawn dumbo). They are the coolest pets. When I learn to post pics I will definitely be back to show them off.