How was the Spartan Race??

Options
Would love to hear some experiences and reviews!

Anyone see Willie from Duck Dynasty? I heard he was supposed to be there.

Angie

Replies

• Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I had done on obstacle race late last year but this was way more demanding. I ran it with my wife and her friend. It took us about 3 hours to complete the course. I struggled on the rope climb as I was so excited to get started I forgot my gloves. The ropes were caked in mud and next to impossible to grip. My wife struggled at the wall climbs, rope, and monkey bars. I would suggest upper body strength training for anyone preparing for this event. Over all we had a super time and she said she would do it again. I saw a sea of muddy people but not Willie. Anyone curious should give it a try as it truly is a great experience.
  • SavBrookeS
    SavBrookeS Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It was a lot of fun and felt so good to finish since it was very hard. Yes, lots of upper body strength and climbing over walls. I didn't finish as quickly as I had hoped, but it was good to have an idea of what my actual fitness level was and what I need to work on for next years race. Oh and lots of steep up hill climbs. Those really wore me out more then anything.
  • mulsas
    mulsas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My wife and I did the warrior dash last year, so I agreed to do the Spartan race with a group of guys this year. It was definitely tougher that the warrior dash. Took us about 2 1/2 hours to complete the 5.2 mile course. The mud crawl I think was the toughest thing. Crawling on flat ground is one thing, but having to do that on slick mud while going up hill? That was rough.

One of the other guys in our group did a big write-up on it for his fitness blog (www.tripfitness.com/beginners-guide-spartan-race-sprint/).
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    Sounds like everyone really enjoyed it. A tough mudder is on my bucket list..... we'll see....someday.

Angie