Phase 2 issues

Options
Okay, so I am in week 3 now and each week have had some issues in Phase 2.
1. - it's boring! I cannot find meals that I eat and really like. I just eat to get through it.
2. - this is the big one. Each Wednesday and/or Thursday I get crazy hard stomach cramps. At first I thought it was just TOM, but nope, still happening.

Anyone else having issues in Phase 2?

Replies

• lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm hating phase 2 as well. I'm also hungry on this phase and tired. I'm also craving something sweet. I feel constipated during these two days too! I just keep telling myself I only have one more phase of phase 2 next week and then Im done!

I forgot my lunch of tuna packed in a red bell pepper and all I had with me at work was a ton of celery and roast beef! I ended up buying a side salad with balsamic dressing and I didn't eat the tomatoes.
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Phase 2 is also hard on my system. Even though you get to eat veggies, it is very constipating.
    I already have that kind of attitude toward food... just take it like medicine, since I'm on such a restrictive diet (food sensitivities). I take magnesium citrate capsules to help with the constipation, but I need to find the amount that works with this phase. Any other ideas for dealing with constipation? Is there a veggie on the list that would do?

I see the discussion board at her site is taking off. That's good... need more discussion.

Linda, you're not going to stay with this after the 28 days? It will be interesting to see how things go for you, when you go on to maintenance.
  • AmyJo6050
    AmyJo6050 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm hating phase 2 as well. I'm also hungry on this phase and tired. I'm also craving something sweet. I feel constipated during these two days too! I just keep telling myself I only have one more phase of phase 2 next week and then Im done!

I forgot my lunch of tuna packed in a red bell pepper and all I had with me at work was a ton of celery and roast beef! I ended up buying a side salad with balsamic dressing and I didn't eat the tomatoes.
  • AmyJo6050
    AmyJo6050 Posts: 10
    Options

I just went to the grocery store and brought homes some fresh strawberries for tomorrow and it is taking all I have to not devour them! I keep going over and smelling them, lol. Pathetic!

Also having a hard time eating within the first 30 minutes. When I do eat - all the protein first thing makes me a little nauseous and is a real turn -off.

I am keeping on though - trying to stick to it as best I can. Actually doing fine with eating the right foods, but the timing issues and remembering to eat the snacks - hit or miss.
  • bar6ara
    bar6ara Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on my first week, and have just got through the first two phase 2 days. They haven't been easy, especially breakfast. I've had stomach cramps too, but with a different outcome. I'm glad I wasn't working today because I had to make a very quick dash to the bathroom mid-morning! I've found breakfast the hardest, and had real carb cravings this afternoon. I've consoled myself by checking what I'm allowed to have on phase 3 and trying to look forward to tomorrow rather than fret about today. The good news is that the headache seems to have gone after 3 days.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit lucky that yesterday I came home for lunch ( I live close) and i put on the BBQ and made a steak. It was good with the veggies and i never felt like i was dieting - then i hit the snacks and supper :( - very difficult to be low carb and low fat - i've carb cycled before but you can normally eat nuts or cheese but not on this plan. Its veggies or nothing. I actually eat celery now and like it so thats progress. I cant wait for a piece of toast and a real egg tomorrow. I HATE egg whites - worst thing every created.....actually i hate ground turkey too - it stinks!

Today i had left over pork soulvaki (bastardized version of it) - actually the lemon juice marinade made it better the second day verses the first time out and the grilled veggies were good so its been a bit better since i have the BBQ out. On another note i see hummus in my future tomorrow :)
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Phase 2 is also hard on my system. Even though you get to eat veggies, it is very constipating.
    I already have that kind of attitude toward food... just take it like medicine, since I'm on such a restrictive diet (food sensitivities). I take magnesium citrate capsules to help with the constipation, but I need to find the amount that works with this phase. Any other ideas for dealing with constipation? Is there a veggie on the list that would do?

I see the discussion board at her site is taking off. That's good... need more discussion.

Linda, you're not going to stay with this after the 28 days? It will be interesting to see how things go for you, when you go on to maintenance.

I think I will continue to do a modified version of this plan. I know you can keep doing this plan until you are at your desired weight, but I can't handle phase 2 and the amount of food is busting my food budget wide open! Especially since my Husband and Daughter do not eat all the foods that I'm eating. I'm hoping that if I continue to eat 5 times per day and continue eating clean, and exercise that my metabolism will start burning when I exercise and I will continue to lose weight. I've only lost 3 pounds, but I can tell that I've lost inches when I look at my before and after pics. My best friend has been doing this plan with me and she measured herself yesterday and she lost 2 inches on her legs and arms and 3 on her waist!
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Sounds good Linda,
    It certainly is a challenge cooking two different menu's. My DH is naturally thin, so doesn't eat the way I do. With the diet constantly changing its been really a stretch on my brain, planning my meals AND his! :laugh:
    I'm so happy for your friend! Wow, that's a LOT of inches! Way To Go! :drinker:
    Eating clean is certainly a great way to go... I would just try alternating calories... that's how I lost all my weight... clean eating, and alternating calories. Some days just have less carbs, keeps the metabolism guessing. :wink:

I've just entered phase 2 for the second week. :noway: Just barely pulling out of irregularity... ate some fennal seeds yesterday to help & caused myself real gut pain... but it worked. I'm going to take magnesium with every meal these 2 days & add a "few" fennel seeds...(took 1/2 tsp yesterday) Oops! :ohwell: