NSV's, let's hear'em!!

Options
cathybabe70
cathybabe70 Posts: 117 Member
I always LOVE hearing about people's victories both on and off the scale, please share your NSV's here. I had one today...here it is. (this is copied from a post I made in another group...I was too lazy to write it all over again lol)

OMG! I had a major NSV today! Ok, so we have some big family events coming up in the next couple months...my graduation from college(bout darn time!!), my niece's quinceañera, and my cousin's wedding. Naturally, everyone will be needing something nice to wear so I went to a department store to look at a dress for my daughter that she liked in an ad. Got there...they didn't have it :grumble: , so I thought I'd look at some stuff for me. Grabbed a couple of dresses in sizes 14 and 16 when another cute little number caught my eye:love: . The largest size they had in that style was a size 10. I was like, "Size 10...ha!!! As IF!" :laugh: (I may have even said that out loud...I do that sometimes lol) But it's lacey, light taupe adorableness kept calling out to me, and so I thought..."Aww...what the heck? At the very least I can hold it up to myself in the fitting room mirror to see if the color suits me." Well...I tried it on and the darn thing fit! I couldn't believe it!:noway: A bit snug...yes...but it fit! A size 10!!! Holy schnikes!!! I haven't been a size 10 since before my kids were born, and my youngest is almost 16! I couldn't be happier! Well, maybe if I won the lottery or something...haha...but, truly, I am over the moon. Talk about motivation!! Oh...and get this...both of the dresses I purchased were on clearance, PLUS I had a coupon. Ended up paying just 24 bucks for BOTH! This was almost as exciting to me as the size 10 since I am notoriously cheap. :blushing: lol. Anyhoo, just had to share!!

Replies

• ColeAXE
    ColeAXE Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    hi there, I enojoyed your share. Congratulations :-D I can literally feel your excitement, for the size 10 & for the bargain, Lol. I'm excited for you too (whoop-whoop). I'm new to MFP & I look. forward to following on such positive footsteps.

By the way; what are NSV's ?
  • MarlaStuck
    MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I always LOVE hearing about people's victories both on and off the scale, please share your NSV's here. I had one today...here it is. (this is copied from a post I made in another group...I was too lazy to write it all over again lol)

OMG! I had a major NSV today! Ok, so we have some big family events coming up in the next couple months...my graduation from college(bout darn time!!), my niece's quinceañera, and my cousin's wedding. Naturally, everyone will be needing something nice to wear so I went to a department store to look at a dress for my daughter that she liked in an ad. Got there...they didn't have it :grumble: , so I thought I'd look at some stuff for me. Grabbed a couple of dresses in sizes 14 and 16 when another cute little number caught my eye:love: . The largest size they had in that style was a size 10. I was like, "Size 10...ha!!! As IF!" :laugh: (I may have even said that out loud...I do that sometimes lol) But it's lacey, light taupe adorableness kept calling out to me, and so I thought..."Aww...what the heck? At the very least I can hold it up to myself in the fitting room mirror to see if the color suits me." Well...I tried it on and the darn thing fit! I couldn't believe it!:noway: A bit snug...yes...but it fit! A size 10!!! Holy schnikes!!! I haven't been a size 10 since before my kids were born, and my youngest is almost 16! I couldn't be happier! Well, maybe if I won the lottery or something...haha...but, truly, I am over the moon. Talk about motivation!! Oh...and get this...both of the dresses I purchased were on clearance, PLUS I had a coupon. Ended up paying just 24 bucks for BOTH! This was almost as exciting to me as the size 10 since I am notoriously cheap. :blushing: lol. Anyhoo, just had to share!!

Outstanding Cathy! You rock! Love when a good plan comes together, don't ya? Enjoy this celebration you deserve it.
    Marla
  • cathybabe70
    Options
    hi there, I enojoyed your share. Congratulations :-D I can literally feel your excitement, for the size 10 & for the bargain, Lol. I'm excited for you too (whoop-whoop). I'm new to MFP & I look. forward to following on such positive footsteps.

By the way; what are NSV's ?

Hi! Thanks! Welcome to MFP! I was(and still am lol) super stoked about it. Thanks for the cheer too...that was awesome.:happy: An NSV is a non-scale victory. While we're definitely ecstatic when we jump on a scale and find that we dropped a pound or two, we also celebrate all of the other benefits we see when we start making healthier choices for ourselves...like walking farther or faster than you used to, having more energy, being able to run for the first time in years, or fitting into a pretty dress. They can be just about anything and are different for each of us...but still important to take note of and celebrate. :drinker: BTW...feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • cathybabe70
    Options

Outstanding Cathy! You rock! Love when a good plan comes together, don't ya? Enjoy this celebration you deserve it.
    Marla

Thank you Marla! Yes...the stars really alligned. Love it when that happens. I feel very blessed. :smile: Look forward to hearing about everyone else's non scale victories.