Still active?

Options
I joined this group yesterday in order to give and get support from other people living with SLE. But after posting, I noticed that there hasn't been a new message in the group in a month! If there is anyone still active around here, please let me know.

Replies

• Fitorbust73
    Fitorbust73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I also just joined... I have SLE and recently joined mfp. I recently had a baby and am finding myself way over weight... The weight makes my lupus much harder to deal with... Not sure if the pain I have is from the lupus or extra pounds...
  • monkeymo_64
    monkeymo_64 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have never had a baby, but my mom was diagnosed with lupus when she was my age and has had FOUR kids! My dad is an ob/gyn, too. What they told me is that women with SLE tend to have very high risk pregnancies. I am incredibly happy for you and I hope your child is healthy and beautiful. <3 What she also told me was that a lot of the weight she put on during pregnancy was edema- water weight- but the lupus made it difficult to shed again. However, she has been working really hard to get her pre-baby body back. Certain foods make her retain water more than others, and certain foods make her feel kind of sick. She's very good at pinpointing what it is that she ate that makes her not feel as good and then she stops eating it for a bit to see if that helps. Usually it does, and some of the weight goes down and she starts to feel better.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is, what you eat and how healthy you are and your SLE are all connected. The pain is probably from both lupus and the weight, if it is significant. The foods you consume can really have an affect on your lupus. Keep your journal and make a note of how you're feeling every day and try to make adjustments in your diet based off that. Changing your diet won't cure your lupus, but it will definitely help, and it never hurts to be in good shape!
  • Fitorbust73
    Fitorbust73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have had long periods of remission and always always while keeping a strict and boring diet... I am excited to be back on track--- I know what foods to avoid. I have 3 children and have had 5 pregnancies... All my children where born premature (earliest 30 weeks longest 35 weeks). The lupus does make being pregnant tricky but it was well worth it.... Now to get myself healthy so I can raise these little ones....
  • lovelylauralady
    lovelylauralady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a reply to my original message but I am still active on MFP and trying to lose weight while battling back flares. Feel free to add me!
    Laura
  • sewmom73
    sewmom73 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm new to MFP too! (unfortunately I'm not new to losing weight) Am trying really hard this time. Feel free to add me as a friend. I would love to have some fellow Loopie weight loss buddies!