thoughts

Options
AleksD3
AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
I keep going back and forth between ww and mfp. I don't want to keep doing both forever but at the same time I can't seem to choose just one.

I'm thinking for now I'll keep going with what I've been doing but will probably transition from ww to mfp at some point in time to save money.

Or not.

I don't know lol.

Replies

• SASSYGIRLY30
    SASSYGIRLY30 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing for 3 months. But in the end i rejoined ww because i wasn't losing counting calories. Try MFP for 1 month and see your results, compare to the results you got when you were doing the ww plan and make that be your deciding factor.

I did MFP for 2 months and i gained and lost the same 5 lbs. I'm back with ww down 3 lbs and the scale is sticking to that loss so far. I will know Sat what this week holds but I'm a daily weigher (i'm ok with fluctuations) and the 3 lbs is still gone..
  • 1shep1
    1shep1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am sticking with WW. I need the meeting and face to face accountability of the weigh in. I'm down 56 lbs and 36 of that is since October when I joined WW. I use MFP for tracking my weight only. Otherwise it's too difficult to track and calorie count.
  • Ready4Thin
    Ready4Thin Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi, I plan on using MFP to track loosely; I will NOT follow their guideline of eating over 200g of carbs a day, that's for sure. I know that I do better staying away from the breads, pastas, rices, etc. So I will input my food here, and I've manually inputted some nutritional goals, but that's clumsy as well. I make a "note" on each day stating how many of my WW points I've used for each meal and total at end of day.

I am on Day 7 of WW 360 and so far I am doing rather well; I thought that I would hate looking up points, weighing and measuring, etc., but it's not as bad as thought. I am in a special 10 week class through work, so after the 10 weeks I will just be following it on my own; I am hoping I will be firmly established with losing and the whole WW way so that I will stick with it to the end of my journey.

I will use the forums, make a blog and try to make friends here as well; I figure that the more tools I have, the more successful I will be!

Here's to success for all of us!

~ready~
  • AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Ready4thin, hi and welcome!

I kind of see figuring out points like a game. It's more fun than calories.

We'll see what the scale says on Friday!
  • Ready4Thin
    Ready4Thin Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Ready4thin, hi and welcome!

I kind of see figuring out points like a game. It's more fun than calories.

We'll see what the scale says on Friday!

Yes, it is rather like a game! And it does make you *think* about everything. You have to decide if the points are worth it. One thing I decided was absolutely worth it was the points for half and half in my coffee! Not giving that up, no way, no how!

~ready~