Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea?

Options
2»

Replies

• ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, just wanted to let you know my experience. I drank the tea starting 34-35wks 1-2x daily until I went into labor at 39wk5days. I had a SUUUUPER fast labor (arrived at the hospital at 8cm dilated) I barely tore, she just put 1 tiny stitch (baby was 7lbs6oz) my uterus contracted back to normal VERYYY quickly, they had a hard time finding it to massage it after I delivered. She told me that I officially have the smallest uterus. LOL. My bleeding was heavy for only 5days and then I spotted until 4wks and bleeding completely stopped. Soo I would definitely drink it again my next pregnancy. DId it help? I like to think so, but who knows. My previous pregnancy I was induced so I will never know. LOL

WOW! What a great labor/ delivery experience! I'll hope it's related to the RRLT. I've been drinking it, and will continue to do so until baby gets here (4 weeks). Thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, just wanted to let you know my experience. I drank the tea starting 34-35wks 1-2x daily until I went into labor at 39wk5days. I had a SUUUUPER fast labor (arrived at the hospital at 8cm dilated) I barely tore, she just put 1 tiny stitch (baby was 7lbs6oz) my uterus contracted back to normal VERYYY quickly, they had a hard time finding it to massage it after I delivered. She told me that I officially have the smallest uterus. LOL. My bleeding was heavy for only 5days and then I spotted until 4wks and bleeding completely stopped. Soo I would definitely drink it again my next pregnancy. DId it help? I like to think so, but who knows. My previous pregnancy I was induced so I will never know. LOL

WOW! What a great labor/ delivery experience! I'll hope it's related to the RRLT. I've been drinking it, and will continue to do so until baby gets here (4 weeks). Thanks for sharing! :smile:

*goes to make herself a cup now*

I started drinking it at 32 or 33 weeks, as I bought a ton of it off of Amazon. I even have a box in my office. I drank it once a day for most of that first week, then once a day for probably 3 days of the next week, then I forgot about it. I'm 36+ weeks.

Seriously, I'm going to make myself a cup now and will make one tonight. Tomorrow I will try to do 3x/day!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Just walked to the store and bought some tea. Brewed up 4 servings worth and I'm drinking it as iced tea.....Meh on the taste. My midwife recommends drinking 3-4 cups a day starting at 36 weeks.

Has anyone added lemon to this tea with success?

Also starting the evening primrose this week too.
  • freckledLeanne
    freckledLeanne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My sister's an OB nurse. She said the tea doesn't bring on labour, it just makes contractions more efficient. She gave birth on Monday morning. Her water broke around 2 a.m., and baby came at 7 a.m. She said she started drinking it at 26 weeks. She was 41 + 2 days when she delivered. I'm at 29 weeks now, and I need to get out to buy some. She said she found hers in the natural food aisle at the grocery store (in small town Ontario, no less).
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking 2 cups a day for several weeks now (36 weeks Sat). I've found about a half a tsp of sugar makes it much more bearable to my taste buds.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Just walked to the store and bought some tea. Brewed up 4 servings worth and I'm drinking it as iced tea.....Meh on the taste. My midwife recommends drinking 3-4 cups a day starting at 36 weeks.

Yeah, it tastes like generic herbal tea and has no raspberry flavor to it that would make it awesome as an iced tea. I suppose you can add whatever you want to it to make it more palatable. I'm not sure how lemon would work. Honestly I've just been drinking it as-is. It's really boring, which is why I haven't had as much as I should, plus it's just too warm for hot tea!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    My sister's an OB nurse. She said the tea doesn't bring on labour, it just makes contractions more efficient. She gave birth on Monday morning. Her water broke around 2 a.m., and baby came at 7 a.m. She said she started drinking it at 26 weeks. She was 41 + 2 days when she delivered. I'm at 29 weeks now, and I need to get out to buy some. She said she found hers in the natural food aisle at the grocery store (in small town Ontario, no less).

I know Canada's Amazon sometimes has different items than the US version (and only sometimes is US stuff available to Canadian customers), but I bought mine on Amazon. It was a bunch of boxes (6 boxes of 16 tea bags), but the value was much better than buying it in a store, and it was organic, too. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009F3PP8/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • rubybeach
    Options

Yeah, it tastes like generic herbal tea and has no raspberry flavor to it that would make it awesome as an iced tea. I suppose you can add whatever you want to it to make it more palatable. I'm not sure how lemon would work. Honestly I've just been drinking it as-is. It's really boring, which is why I haven't had as much as I should, plus it's just too warm for hot tea!

Yeah, I was looking forward to a raspberry taste! Boohoo to no taste.
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I started drinking it when I was TTC #4 and I think it helped my uterus a ton. It helped regulate my cycles and now I'm pg with #4 and due the end of November/early December. I'm glad to know that it can help during labor and afterwards too. I'm def gonna start drinking it again once I hit the 30 week mark. I'm gonna check w/ my Midwife on when to start. I got mine from a local grocery store. It is all organic and the taste is actually pretty good and I'm by no means a tea drinker. I'm glad I found some positive feedback on it.
  • rubybeach
    Options
    Hey ladies,

I brewed enough for 3 cups today to make iced tea. I added EmergenC Raspberry and it really improved the taste :smile:
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I used to drink mine with 1 bag of Yogi pregnancy Tea and 1 bag of the raspberry leaf tea. The pregnancy tea added a nicer flavor. (I bought a ton of the raspberry leaf tea off amazon and pregnancy tea. lol. I also heard the raspberry leaf tea helps increase milk supply if breastfeeding, I forgot all about that. I'll try it out this week and see what happens (I still have 5boxes left. LOL)
  • graycalico
    graycalico Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 weeks and just started drinking it. I'm hoping for a vba2c so I'm willing to try anything. The box said three cups a day so I'll be getting up to that much most days
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Hey ladies,

I brewed enough for 3 cups today to make iced tea. I added EmergenC Raspberry and it really improved the taste :smile:

Glad that worked for you! If only I could make it taste like Coke Zero or red wine or something :wink: I'm still having a hard time forcing myself to drink it.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I used to drink mine with 1 bag of Yogi pregnancy Tea and 1 bag of the raspberry leaf tea. The pregnancy tea added a nicer flavor. (I bought a ton of the raspberry leaf tea off amazon and pregnancy tea. lol. I also heard the raspberry leaf tea helps increase milk supply if breastfeeding, I forgot all about that. I'll try it out this week and see what happens (I still have 5boxes left. LOL)

I think it's supposed to help your uterus shrink after delivery, too! I'm not sure about the lactation thing... I bought mother's milk tea off of Amazon as well. (I think I got the RRL Tea link to Amazon from you, btw, so thank you!) Last time I had a rough time with supply, and none of the galactagogues worked for me (oatmeal, brewer's yeast, blessed thistle, and fenugreek, all simultaneously), so I'm hoping that if my supply doesn't start off awesome that maybe, just maybe, the mother's milk tea will have something additional that will kick my production into high gear!

I haven't drunk nearly as much RRL Tea as I thought I would, so I have a TON of it at home. I guess whatever I don't drink I'll just give away to another new mom or mom-to-be :smile: