Is this group still active?

Options
Two2Love
Two2Love Posts: 32 Member
Just wondering if this group is still active. There are a few of us on JC looking for a group to join!

Replies

• amie1004
    amie1004 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I wish it was! I am on week 2 of jc and tried to find a group but it looks like this one has died off.......
  • Hike2BHealthier
    Hike2BHealthier Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 1st week, it would be nice to have this group. Maybe we can make it active?
  • AnnInTexas
    AnnInTexas Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I would love for it to be active. The one on the Jenny Craig website is kind of overwhelming, and the one on SparkPeople also got to where it died off.

I think if there's enough of us participating, we can certainly bring it back to speed!

I'll start with something pretty random to get some participation going :).

What's your favorite JC:
    Breakfast
    Lunch
    Dinner

Ann
  • <
    First Weeker!
  • AnnInTexas
    Options
    It would be nice if we could get this group going.
    I personally find the JC forum a little intimidating with all the "experts." LOL.

I'm kind of dabbling right now, but plan to get back fully on the wagon after the holidays.
    I know I'm just not going to be faithful to the JC plan for the next three weeks, so I don't see the point in spending all that $$$ on the food.

Until I can get back into the center, I'm doing WW meals and just making healthy choices.
    I'm hoping to at least just maintain during the next three weeks.
  • najlaamundson
    najlaamundson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well - I'm here! Is there anyone else still alive and kicking on JC? Let's get this show rolling!
  • Dakota106
    Dakota106 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I agree why don'y we get this group going!! Anyone in? Diane
  • reads2kids
    reads2kids Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm in. I just had my week 2 weigh in. I've lost a total of 6 lbs. so far, so good.
  • staceyq7
    staceyq7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm here too, I've lost a total of 5.7 lbs. so far on Jenny...I'm continuing on my journey to lose another 65.
  • Dakota106
    Dakota106 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Glad there's still some JCer's here! I lost 4.0 lbs . last week! Stacy that's awesome!! I lost over 80 lbs. about 17 years ago on JC,then over these years I've put back on about 30 lbs. After trying no carb ,low carb,WW and MF I decided to go back to what I know works! One week on Jenny and I'm out of the 180's first time in months! With my busy schedule ,I work about 70 hours a week,I love the grab and go food. And I also love the food! Today is a 13 hour work day for me,so packing up my food and off soon. I'll check back from work this afternoon. Have a great day all! Diane
  • reads2kids
    Options
    Dakota, are you from the Dakotas? I'm in ND.
  • najlaamundson
    Options
    2reads kids - I'm from ND too!

I had my first weigh in last week - lost 4.7lbs - I didn't exercise at all because I was just coming off a cold. This week I've been exercising - walking, weight training, yoga -- so I'm excited to see the results.

I really like the food too. The only thing I"ve had so far that I thought was "eh" was the fish and chips.

Anyone else?

So glad to get this group going!
  • najlaamundson
    Options
    Good morning all! Glad there's still some JCer's here! I lost 4.0 lbs . last week! Stacy that's awesome!! I lost over 80 lbs. about 17 years ago on JC,then over these years I've put back on about 30 lbs. After trying no carb ,low carb,WW and MF I decided to go back to what I know works! One week on Jenny and I'm out of the 180's first time in months! With my busy schedule ,I work about 70 hours a week,I love the grab and go food. And I also love the food! Today is a 13 hour work day for me,so packing up my food and off soon. I'll check back from work this afternoon. Have a great day all! Diane

Great job Diane! How long did you stay on JC to lose the 80 lbs? Did you do a combo of JC and eating on your own or did you stick to JC 7 days a week?
  • staceyq7
    Options
    Diane, 80lbs. lost is quite a monumental achievement! WOW! I'd love to hear more too. Especially about your exercise regimen...I've been trying to figure out how much exercise is the right amount to be able to lose 1 lb a week...trying to stay in the healthy guidelines for losing. Stace
  • staceyq7
    Options
    2reads kids - I'm from ND too!

I had my first weigh in last week - lost 4.7lbs - I didn't exercise at all because I was just coming off a cold. This week I've been exercising - walking, weight training, yoga -- so I'm excited to see the results.

I really like the food too. The only thing I"ve had so far that I thought was "eh" was the fish and chips.

Anyone else?

So glad to get this group going!

najlaamundson, hope you're feeling better. how's your exercise routine coming along? have you tried any of the new JC foods? i love the new homestyle chicken casserole and kettle corn. stace
  • AnnInTexas
    Options
    Hi all!
    I bought all of the new foods (with a few exceptions) this time around just to try them.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Chipotle Chicken by itself, but then I dumped the whole thing over some shredded lettuce and added a little salsa to it and then it tasted like a taco salad! Still debating whether I will order it again.

I really liked the Homestyle Chicken Casserole and love, love the Black Bean Taco Chips (or something similar).
    I haven't tried the Kettle Corn yet.

I passed on getting the Chicken Tandoori (not a fan of non-JC Tandoori!) and the Pasta Ole. I remembered the first time they had that and I wasn't a fan then. I also didn't get the Red Velvet Cupcake. I really don't eat a lot of sweets, plus my JCC told me they are really tiny, so I just couldn't justify the expense.

I'm sorry to see the Chicken and Broccoli stuffed sandwiches go -- I really like having one of those and a salad for lunch.

How's everyone doing???

Ann
  • reads2kids
    Options
    I'm trying to remember what I've tried from the new things.
    I liked the chipotle chicken, not my favorite, but not bad.
    I just tried the Ranchero breakfast skillet this morning and didn't finish it. I have two of them (didn't realize I ordered one last week that I didn't eat) I made it in the microwave, the other one I'll try in the oven. Sometimes they are better that way, but I typically don't eat breakfast skillet type meals, so it might not be for me.
    The black bean chips by themselves I didn't like, but they were pretty good with salsa.
    I really liked the Pasta Ole.

I have the kettle corn but haven't tried it yet.

I don't have the Tandori Chicken (my consultant said it was gross - but everyone has different tastes), the chicken casserole, or the red velvet cupcake (not a huge red velvet fan).
  • najlaamundson
    Options
    OMG - So many people have posted! Is there a way to get an alert when someone has posted on a topic you are interested in?

Anyways...

Stacy - Not sure if I have tried "new" foods... But so far, everything I've had I've liked with the exception of a few. I have not had the homestyle chicken...

I love the salad kits... LOVE LOVE LOVE the cereals! Which surprised me - I'm not typically a cereal person. Interestingly enough - I didn't care for the lasagna for some reason... but the other pastas I've had I have liked. LOVE the baked potato...

Read2... Red velvet? Are you kidding me? I love red velvet... I didn't know they had that. I am really going to want that. It is my favorite.

Exercise is really going well. I think just losing the weight I have so far has helped with my knee pain. So, I'm able to jog again at a slow pace. I enjoy jogging a lot. It is something I can stick to. I am also working with a trainer 2 days a week on strength. We have weights at home, so I do one other day at home. Now that it is FINALLY nice out - I try to take the dog on a 2-mile walk each day. Good for the soul to be out in the fresh air and sun.

How's everything going for you gals? All of you?!

Let's keep up the board and keep cheering each other on! I've got another weigh in tomorrow... I'm kinda nervous. I had about 5 "challenges" this week. I think I handled them well... but... we'll see.