Hi, any fellow Scots on board?

Options
Hi, my name is Janie...relatively new on here and despite best efforts...struggling to shift those bloody lbs! Made few lovely encouraging friends already but was looking for fellow dieters fae bonnie Scotland. Anyone around want a new supportive buddy...remember, a diet buddy is for life not just the fat days lol x

Replies

• JOYOUS62
    JOYOUS62 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi Janie, I am a fellow Scot from Falkirk, reasonably new to MFP. Like you I am struggling, I thought over the past 2 weeks I had done good with my eating, obviously not good enough, not even lost 1lb but I wont give up.
  • bystander1943
    bystander1943 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I'm from Dumbarton. I sympathise with you regarding the weight. However, I'm just 1 lb behind my target. perhaps it's the different metabolism being male, I don't know. The weight change yo-yos a lot - a couple of pounds up then ½lb off on the succesive weeks. consistency is not guaranteed when trying to lose weight. My target has been 1lb/week since I began 11 weeks ago and have lost 10 lb. I'm not following any diet, just sticking to my target figures. Do keep trying, It'll be worth it in the end. We each have our own battles, but it's the same war for us all.
  • JOYOUS62
    JOYOUS62 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well done Bystander :smile:
  • bystander1943
    bystander1943 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • EmilyGMcK
    EmilyGMcK Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Emily from Glasgow! :D Feel free to add fellow Scots :)
  • FionaHoggx
    FionaHoggx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Fiona from Glasgow! Determined to shift this weight and get healthy! Add me if you likee :)
  • angelahammon
    angelahammon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi i am originally from Glasgow but now live near Heathrow,
  • dididede
    dididede Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello my lovelies, I have added you all I think? Anyway welcome and hello from sunny Dalkeith :-)
  • icklekimmy
    icklekimmy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Di and I love a Scottish post! I am Kim and I am originally from Dundee but now live in Arbroath. :D
  • claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Claire from just outside Edinburgh. Feel free to add me :) Really loving the MFP community, managed to lose the weight gained during my pregnancy and now I'm chipping away in to the last stone.
  • JudyB21
    JudyB21 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a Scot too, living in Durham now. Training for Glasgow Women's 10k :)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from London but now stay in Fife.
  • purpleleopard76
    purpleleopard76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    hello everyone, I'm 37 and from Hamilton. Been on here for a few months but really only started seriously using it the last 3 wks or so. I'm doing the Insanity programme just now (nearly at end of week 2). I log on most days and keep my diary open (not that it's always clean eating lol) So any suggestions on better eating etc are welcome. Will add you all and would love to hear from you all. :smile:
  • polza1888
    polza1888 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm down in Port Glasgow, feel free to add me on. Would love more local folk on my friends list
  • Bighooves750
    Options
    Hi everyone. Im relatively new and from Glasgow. Would love friends on mfp as struggling so friends may help. Please feel free to add me. Sharon
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I'm not from Scotland, I just live here, if that counts.
  • RoseThePenguin
    RoseThePenguin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Rose from Greenock, originally from Glasgow :D

Feel free to add :)

Also, love seeing all the familiar faces pop up on here xD
  • broonie24
    broonie24 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Fife but have been living in New Zealand for the last 6 months. Feel free to add me :)