Fitness and my weight loss

Options
Well I have been on here for 80 days now and only lost 2 stone but I have notice how much fitter I am getting ! Any one else notice there fitness going up as you loss weight ?

Replies

• beckslite
    beckslite Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well done on loosing 2 stone. That's amazing. I haven't been using mfp for long, but have been trying to loose weight for just over a year. I think carrying less weight helps you feel better and more capable of doing things. Generally I could do more. The more exercise you do the more your body gets used to it and you are able to do more things. Whatever you are doing keep it up, it's obviously working.

Becks :drinker:
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Well I have been on here for 80 days now and only lost 2 stone but I have notice how much fitter I am getting ! Any one else notice there fitness going up as you loss weight ?

Wow that's a fab weightloss. I have to admit my weightloss is slow & steady (although I didn't have a huge amount to lose). I have most definitely noticed a massive change in my fitness level. But I'm guessing it depends on how much exercise you do :smile: I've been doing some form of exxercise 6days out of 7

I'm loving the fact that I can now race & beat my nephews once again walking up mountains etc & not lagging behind struggling to breathe :tongue:
  • chezz
    chezz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i must say since i have took walking up im moving alot better i want to do things im not wanting to be a couch potato anymore well done with you weight loss
  • samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    yeah, definitely. I think because I am lighter I find it easier to run and move around so I'm getting fitter. I always thought that you got fit to lose weight, now I realise that you lose weight to get fit... and it feels great!