Backache is KILLING me!

Options
luzmidd
luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
Hi ladies,

I've just crossed into the third trimestester, and this bad boy makes the first feel like a breeze! Instant back ache, tiredness, hunger, WHAM! Everything arrived overnight!

Do any of you have any solid advice for backache? I'm exercising, I'm hydrating, I sleep (hahaha, sleep, yeah right!!) with about 4 pillows propping me up, yet noting works, I've tried taking a bath, half an hours relief and then its back! Please help??

Anything you guys have tried that works? Thanks

Replies

• Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have a few herniations in my low back and remember vividly how difficult the third trimester was. What worked for me the best was prenatal yoga. I also alternated ice and heat in the evenings.

Hulu plus has a few good prenatal yoga videos. I found one that is very effective for back pain and it is only 16 minutes. I have been doing it every night.

I hope it gets better for you!
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I think I spent the first couple weeks of T3 completely passed out, LOL. I just kept dragging myself to the gym and the initial misery faded pretty quickly. I don't have any real advice on backache but maybe try one of those maternity body pillows for sleep? I love mine, pretty sure it's called a Boppy.
  • DElleBurd
    DElleBurd Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm only in my second trimester, but have had a lot of back pain. The only thing that has helped is doing prenatal yoga. Popsugar fitness on youtube has some good short prenatal yoga videos that I really like.
  • luzmidd
    luzmidd Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
    My biggest concern as first timer is pre-term labor. I've had such an easy pregnancy and now all of a sudden this intense pain. My baby is still moving, and she's pretty high up, I can still tell exactly where she is, but I'm a bit paranoid I guess.

I've now figured that its the posterior pelvic pain that I have, and it sucks! But I'm sure it will pass!

Hope you are all doing better!
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I remember learning with my last pregnancy that if I followed the advice to keep my hips tucked under my belly more as I walked it helped fight against the natural urge to arch my back and made a big difference in the amount of back pain I had. This baby seems to be in a completely different position and it's hard to get and keep my hips "tucked under."
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I don't remember being this uncomfortable the first time around, either! I pretty much hit a wall in T3, too. Honestly, position has helped the most. If I'm uncomfortable, I just have to move and do my best to get comfortable. Slouching did not help, so I always tried to sit as straight as I could (not overly straight, like arched back, but good posture).

I hope it passes quickly!
  • kiwi_01
    kiwi_01 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just hit week 20 and since last week I've been having HORRIFIC lower back pain. I sleep with a body pillow which helps a little bit at night but the only thing that helps me find relief is doing yoga stretches. I'm counting down the months I can finally go in and get a full tissue massage...
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Guys (I mean gals lol!) you should REALLY get a pregnancy support belt like the prenatal cradle. I had horrible back pain before I started using it and it went away completely within 3 days of wearing it during the day. I can even turn over in bed pain free now! I got mine on amazon and it's the best buy I've made for this pregnancy and this is my 4th baby.. I sure wish I had it with my 1st :)
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Guys (I mean gals lol!) you should REALLY get a pregnancy support belt like the prenatal cradle. I had horrible back pain before I started using it and it went away completely within 3 days of wearing it during the day. I can even turn over in bed pain free now! I got mine on amazon and it's the best buy I've made for this pregnancy and this is my 4th baby.. I sure wish I had it with my 1st :)

It looks like quite the contraption, but I am interested. How easy is it to get on? Also, does it hide well under your clothes?
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    well it is quite a contraption but I do put it on over top of a light cotton undershirt. It was really comfortable in the winter but with the warmer temperatures it is a bit less comfy because I have to wear an undershirt, but since it actually gets rid of my back pain it is definitely worth it. There are some other support belts that just go under the belly which might be worth checking out too though and which you could probably wear without an undershirt for the warmer summer :)
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    While I haven't had back pain, my hips ache at night. Aside from the pillow, which helped immensely, I see a chiropractor every 3 weeks. (I saw him before I was pregnant and one of his specialties is prenatal chiropractic care.) Anyway, when I told him about the pain, he made a few adjustments and it has helped tremendously. He verifies my alignment every visit.

On a side note, I've also had a prenatal massage and that was very relaxing as well.
  • Rhiannonangharad
    Options
    Im not pregnant but do suffer from back pain as well! I have been recommended this support top from maternity sports wear company Fittamamma. They are amazing, I feel supported and can workout with ease. Here is the link, http://www.fittamamma.com/product.php/123/high_support_top I really recommend you try it! Like I said I’m not pregnant and i still use it, so it is a good investment piece that you can use after pregnancy!
    Hope this helps 