Anxious!

Options
Tomorrow at 9am, I'm going in for a cross fit session. I know I'm going to be sore but I've committed to 7 days in a row to give this a shot. So if you see me on Thursday, I'll most likely be the one limping up the stairs or sitting a little stiff.

I'm afraid I'll talk myself out of it, so I'm posting here to hold myself a little more accountable.

I also really started on tracking food with the app and ended up 600 calories under for the day and that was with burger king for dinner! (grilled chicken, no mayo, subbed a salad instead of fries.) it felt good to make better choices. :)

~Rachal

Replies

• bigrah13
    bigrah13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!
    I am a big fan of burger king because they flame broil. Remember the Tracker subtracts the calories you need to loose for your target, weekly weight loss.Coming in below that is just a great big bonus. For the first time ever I had Carls jr do a protein wrap on their Southwestern Turkey burger. Dropped the carbs and put the burger under 400 calories. The tracker really helps us be accou table to us ourselves doesn't it. You did see the group walk scheduled for Wednesday evening??????Keep up the great work!!!
  • zarabeythe
    zarabeythe Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder, I'm looking in how to track the workout I did this morning.

I sucked it up and went. Lost my breakfast and was SO EMBARRASSED.

But you know what? I went back and I finished the workout. And I'm going to do it again tomorrow. :D
  • bigrah13
    bigrah13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you. You did not quit!!!!!
  • zarabeythe
    zarabeythe Posts: 10
    Options
    Here I am, just finished up day 3 of crossfit.
    311699_438939136149764_1868497962_n.jpg

I think that image sums it up. But seriously, I am amazed at how amazing the crossfit vacaville 'gym' is. Today I was able to finish the entire warmup without compromising on quantity or duration like on previous days. I still have some modifications, I'm doing pushups on a bar, I have to do jumping pull ups... but if I can get through this week, I know it won't be long until I can do them for REAL.

Today the warmup was:

Rowing for 5 mins
    10 Squats
    10 Sits up
    10 Pushups
    10 Pullup
    10 Push Press
    10 Mountain Climbers
    Sampson Stretch
    100 jump rope

Then we go to the workout part. Which was 10 mins long, do as many circuits as I can:
    6 push press
    12 mountain cliimbers
    50 jump rope

I completed 3 and 2/3 of that routine in the 10 mins. I was so ready to quit at 2, and somehow they encouraged me and helped me push through to do almost twice as much as I thought I could.

Then I had a cool down period, and then stretching. My legs are super sore, but in a good way. With the tracking from MyFitnessPal, I've been able to keep my calorie counts at around 1200 a day (not adjusting for exercise which is hard to track with these routines) I just can't seem to hit the 1480 'goal' the workouts and extra water are making me not hungry!