Dec 2013 Babies

Options

Replies

• jamiezoza
    jamiezoza Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm due 12/23 with my second. I am so happy to find this group!! My son just turned 2 on the 9th of April, and we got a positive that night! I'm excited, but definitely want to continue exercise and keep my weight in check. I'm still up 15 pounds from what I weighed when I got pregnant with my first, and my pants are already feeling a bit snug at 7 weeks. I also want a more natural birth this time around without so many interventions, so I just took up meditating too! It's a lot tougher than I thought!
  • jamiezoza
    jamiezoza Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was also wondering if anyone has done jazzercise while pregnant or some other type of aerobics to keep in shape? I'm going 3x a week and walking or doing something else (yoga DVD, etc) 2x. I hope it's a combination that works. I have my cals set to 1700. I'm 5'6" and weigh 175. I have a big chest, so I think I hide my weight pretty well, but 155 has been my goal for a long time. I really don't want to gain more than 25 cuz I dont want to have an even longer road after the babe is born...
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I was also wondering if anyone has done jazzercise while pregnant or some other type of aerobics to keep in shape? I'm going 3x a week and walking or doing something else (yoga DVD, etc) 2x. I hope it's a combination that works. I have my cals set to 1700. I'm 5'6" and weigh 175. I have a big chest, so I think I hide my weight pretty well, but 155 has been my goal for a long time. I really don't want to gain more than 25 cuz I dont want to have an even longer road after the babe is born...

I'm doing Lindsay Brins prenatal exercise program and a prenatal yoga video, when I have enough energy. My doctor wants me walking 30 minutes daily. I can relate to the weight concerns. I'm almost 5'5" and 163 lbs is what I started this pregnancy at. I carry it mostly in my stomach and chest. My poor 36DD chest is already screaming in pain.
  • Jem411
    Jem411 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ugh!! I know how you feel! I have already gone up a cup size and I am only 6 weeks! Yikes! I was wanting to wait to tell my boss, but she noticed right away and asked me if I was pregnant since my boobs were getting so big! This is my second and I hear that things can move more quickly the second time around. Thankfully, I have a wide variety of sizes in my closet, lol. I am 5'5 and started around 140lbs, I have already put on 3lbs (even tho, I am positive a good amount of it is water weight). This "transition" stage is the hardest. Maternity clothes don't fit and my "thin" pants are definity more snug and uncomfortable in the waist. Think I will stick to summer dresses and leggings, lol.
  • gingerjager
    gingerjager Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm due December 6 with my 4th. Hadn't been using this site much lately---after my third I wanted to lose that last 8-10 and this site helped. Now I'm 9 weeks and already gained 3 back! I look about 4 months pg! I know I'm not eating right because I'm so sick, have no interest in cooking and end up eating crap. I've had more fast food in the last 2 weeks than I have in 6 months!

So I plan to get back on and track things so my weight gain doesn't get out of control.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    We got to see our little baby today!!

9 weeks today. Measuring 9W2D with a solid heart beat.

I think I'm going to spill the beans next week and give my mom an ultrasound picture for Mothers Day. A little corny, I know. But her mom passed away in October and I think this will help ease the pain.

I'm a first timer here so everything is new and exciting still :)
  • CurvyGirl14
    CurvyGirl14 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am feeling the same way and absolutely horrible! All my body wants is carbs! When I think about eating all the veggies I normally eat, it turns my stomach and then I end up throwing my produce away. I can only hope this and the all day sickness goes away soon enough.
  • Taraanne76
    Taraanne76 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ugh, morning sickness from late morning until late afternoon. Anyone try the unisom/b6 combo? I'm thinking I need to try it.
  • sarah2002
    sarah2002 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Ugh, morning sickness from late morning until late afternoon. Anyone try the unisom/b6 combo? I'm thinking I need to try it.

Yup, I finally gave in and started taking it last week. I feel so much better now! Still have some nausea, but it's not 24 hours a day like it was before. The only downside is that the unisom does make me drowsy, even worse if I don't get a full 8 hours of sleep. It's definitely worth a try!

Make sure you get the unisom with doxylamine. Diphenhydramine (benedryl) is not recommended in the 1st trimester (per my OB at least).
  • Cucumberburps
    Cucumberburps Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone again!!! How very exciting!! Im curious as to how everyone is feeling. Morning/all day sickness at all? My due date is Dec 29, and so far I have no sickness. I'm sure it's coming though!

Also, whats everyone doing calorie-wise? Did you change your settings to gain, or maintain? Do you eat your exercise calories? I haven't told anyone about my pregnancy yet, so I can't ask ANYONE about it!! Very curious about other preggers eating habits.
  • Jem411
    Jem411 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone again!!! How very exciting!! Im curious as to how everyone is feeling. Morning/all day sickness at all? My due date is Dec 29, and so far I have no sickness. I'm sure it's coming though!

Also, whats everyone doing calorie-wise? Did you change your settings to gain, or maintain? Do you eat your exercise calories? I haven't told anyone about my pregnancy yet, so I can't ask ANYONE about it!! Very curious about other preggers eating habits.

Well I WAS just eating my maintenance calories but that seems to be out the window this week. I officially hit my six week mark and am STARVING. I seriously just ate lunch (a good sized lunch, at that) and have pains of hunger...again! I hope this doesn't last too long or I will be a house. I remember this with my son, think it was around week 6-8.

I go by my fitbit with exercise calories and try to keeo my food calories right in line with my exercise calories. So I guess you could say I have been eating my exercise calories back...
  • lisapr123
    Options

So far so good, I have a 12-6 due date so I'm hitting 10 weeks this week. No real morning sickness. Sometimes I fell a little queasy if I'm hungry, but that is somewhat normal for me. Mostly I'm just tired.

I was on a "lose weight" setting, eating ~1400 calories a day. But I found myself feeling fairly hungry and often going over so I just manually upped it to 1700 a few days back and that seems perfect for me. I'm not doing intense exercise right now, just walking and easy bike rides. So I'm not eating those back. To me, that is daily activity. If I'm hungry, I'll eat them back, but I don't make a point of it.
  • tinybry
    tinybry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, another December due date her - 7th for me (subject to dating scan which we get around week 12 here in the uk, so in around 3 weeks I guess). Am keeping quiet at work for now until I see that heartbeat!

I already have a daughter who is 2 1/2. Had forgotten how awful the all day sickness was though and am sure i feel far more exhausted than I did last time... my mum recons it's twins but I don't think so! Anyway, am eating non stop as that is the only thing that seems to stop me feeling so ill I can't do anything... which is a shame!

Prior to getting pregnant I had lost a nearly 30 lbs, on top of the 20 I lost prior to my last pregnancy, I was 5-10 lb from goal although I was feeling a long way off goal really, so will be worrying about that again some time in 2014 I guess!
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm super excited to say I'm pregnant with my third child after trying for three years. My due date is Christmas Day as of right now. I am hoping to maintain my weight through out pregnancy. I do alot of crossfit right now and have cut back and I am only doing an hour a day, I plan on running all my 5k this summer. I'm just hoping for a healthy happy pregnancy!
  • lisapr123
    Options
    Told my mom yesterday (Mother's Day), and that was fun! She was so excited. I'm 10W3D and will tell my in-laws in a few weeks.

I also bought an at home Doppler and it was the best $30 I ever spent! I was 9W6D when it came in, and I found the heartbeat right away! It's not always super easy to find, but when I hear that "running horse" sound I know my little one is really in there! It's helping me make the switch from weekly to monthly appointments....

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Jsperez94
    Jsperez94 Posts: 7
    Options
    So happy to see this board. I'm 36 and we were surprised to find that we were expecting our 2nd in mid-December. Our son is 6 and is ecstatic that he'll be getting the sibling he's been asking for all these years. I'm 8 weeks tomorrow according to my OB and will have my second appointment next Thursday. We're taking my son so he can see his sibling's heartbeat. I'm ecstatic and scared after having two miscarriages before but am so hopeful.

As far as fitness, I was told not to do any exercise until my next appointment due to being placed in the high risk group, It's making me crazy. I have done some strength straining and some extremely slow walking but I can't wait to get back to working out again. I was training for my first 5K prior to the announcement so I stopped at week 7 per doc's orders. Trying not to overindulge when all I want to do is eat has been difficult. Due to already being overweight, I gained 12 lbs with my son and I'd like to not gain more than 15 with this one. Here's hoping!
  • sarah2002
    sarah2002 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Told my mom yesterday (Mother's Day), and that was fun! She was so excited. I'm 10W3D and will tell my in-laws in a few weeks.

I also bought an at home Doppler and it was the best $30 I ever spent! I was 9W6D when it came in, and I found the heartbeat right away! It's not always super easy to find, but when I hear that "running horse" sound I know my little one is really in there! It's helping me make the switch from weekly to monthly appointments....

Where did you get your Doppler? I am thinking about getting one, but not sure what to look for.
  • lisapr123
    Options

Where did you get your Doppler? I am thinking about getting one, but not sure what to look for.

I bought mine off Amazon. It's called Angel Sounds (or something similar to that). It had mixed reviews, but I didn't want to spend a lot and figured it was worth a try. I've seen them ranging from $30ish up to $90 a month to rent. Yikes!
  • melinga06
    melinga06 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm having an ultrasound done tomorrow to give me my due date. As of right now my prospective due date is Dec 9, but I don't think that I'm that far along. However, with all the nausea I am hoping that I'm further along than I think in hopes that the nausea will end soon.
  • mkcolombia
    mkcolombia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Had my first Dr apt Monday at 11 weeks! According to the OB my due date was Nov 29 but the ultrasound said I was measuring a week smaller. According to my own ovulation calculations I was expecting a due date of Dec 3 (which is what the ultrasound confirmed) So neither one of us were concerned! Nice strong heart beat and it was so good to see a nice healthy baby!!! Now if this all day sickness and exhaustion would go away it would be great!