TurboFire Newbie!!

Options
kaceyb10
kaceyb10 Posts: 10 Member
Hi! I am just starting TurboFire this week and finished day 2, HIIT 15, today. So far I LOVE it! It is so different from any other workout video, and there is no chance that I will get bored of this set! It is going to take me a while to get all of the moves down though!

If anyone has any tips for calories etc while on the program that would be great, or if anyone wants to help motivate each other to keep going add me!!

Replies

• xintothevoidxz
    Options
    Welcome to the TFH group! I'm also on Day 2 today :)
  • mclay12
    mclay12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!! I am currently in Week 4 and I am in love with TF!!!!

Don't worry You will get better and better every time you do a workout!!! TF is like no other workout and so far I am loving the results!!! I will send you a friend request!
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm just finishing up week 3 of TF.. and i too LOVE this program!

I have sent you a friend request :)
  • hlsours1
    hlsours1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Last year I did P90X for 2months and lost 15lbs, but I got so bored with the workouts. This year I decided to try TF and let me tell you I am sweating like never before! lol. I first started TF a little over a month ago but got really sick and couldn't work out for a 2 weeks. This is my first week starting back up again, I'm glad I found this group and can have people to talk to about it.
  • HeatherBrookmyer
    HeatherBrookmyer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to the group, I'm on week two and love it. In fact I dread the rest days:) I have so much more energy now, can't wait to start seeing results!
  • kaceyb10
    kaceyb10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Does it matter if I switch the rest day? I would rather take Sundays off instead of weds, so I was thinking I would just move the Sunday workouts into the weds. slot...does that matter at all?
  • KKWilson
    KKWilson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't matter if you switch your rest days. My weekends are crazy so I take my rest day on the weekends and workout M-F religiously, plus Sunday. I'm on week 16 and loving it!!
  • liapr
    liapr Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'm starting TF on Monday!! I've tried out a few of the workouts but am going to stick to the calendar next week I think. I can't wait. Not only does it seem to be fun, but a great workout, and everyone seems to see results from what I hear!?
  • hlsours1
    Options
    I'm hoping someone can help me with this dilemma. I believe I have just the basic dvds and I realized that on days it will say to do fire 40, but there is no fire 40 disc. I see a fire 45. Is that the same thing? I just want to make sure I'm doing the right workouts on the right days.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping someone can help me with this dilemma. I believe I have just the basic dvds and I realized that on days it will say to do fire 40, but there is no fire 40 disc. I see a fire 45. Is that the same thing? I just want to make sure I'm doing the right workouts on the right days.

Do you have 45EZ? I believe that what it's supposed to be.
  • hlsours1
    Options

Do you have 45EZ? I believe that what it's supposed to be.

Yea I have that. Thanks, I'll start using that one.
  • my1focus
    my1focus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    So i was totally gung-ho to start my turbofire journey today...with a little nervousness of course. I wanted to start the Prep schedule and the first DVD that it called for would not play. So i proceeded to check the rest of the DVDs and another out of my set wouldn't play. I let Beachbody know what's up and they are re-sending those DVD's to me but in the next 3-5 days. So I will be starting on SATURDAY since I want Monday to be my rest day. Glad there is a group to check in with and REALLLLY hoping to be stay motivated!
  • likerebecca
    likerebecca Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm starting in a few days as well... Anyone else starting this week, please add me! We can do it this together!
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started today with TF. I forgot when she does the new to class after the fast part she actually shows you how to do it. I was sweating like someone had dashed water on me. Then I did some of the teaching part so, all together I did about 15 min of fire 30 class. Is that bad for my first day? And I thought I was already doing high impact workouts. SO NOT TRUE. Lol
  • dressed2killl
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started turbofire last monday may 6. I did the first workout then I realized there was a prep schedule so I have switched to that. I just completed the Fire 45 workout which I made it all the way through but had to stop for some water a few times, and I just realized I was suppose to be doing Fire 45 EZ!

Anyway, I am down 4.6lbs since last monday!

I love turbofire so far. I did P90x for awhile in 2011 and I like it but I'm more of a turbofire girl, I love kickboxing and cardio!

Feel free to add me as your friend.

Keep up the good work!
  • dressed2killl
    Options
    I'm going to start waking up at 5am to do my workouts. I just feel like if I leave it to the evening, things come up and I may not get to a workout.

I have to be committed and I feel like if I get my workout over with in the AM, I will be less likely to cheat and more inclined to put good foods in my body.
  • my1focus
    my1focus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i agree with you, when i make my workout part of my morning routine there is less of a chance of not being able to fit it in
  • dressed2killl
    Options
    Anyone else doing Stretch 40 today. I really HATE yoga. I only have ever made it 10 minutes doing P90x yoga x or this stretch 40...

But I want to work the program right, so I am going to do it. I did not however wakeup at 5 am to do it! I will do it this evening.

How is everyone else doing?
  • aca829
    aca829 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I am on week one day 4, today I did the Fire 55EZ and I can totally admit I'm still lost on the steps but the work outs are fun. Could anyone give me an idea on how are you tracking these classes on MFP? Can anyone refer to any post that may give me an average of calories burned per class so I get an idea on what to Add to MFP. also please feel free to add me as I will like to have some turbofire friends Thanks!!
  • dressed2killl
    Options
    Not really sure about the amount of calories each person burns unless you invest in a heart rate monitor. I'm debating getting one. When I log it on MFP I do it under kickboxing and it says turbojam and I just use that.