May 5th --1st Check In and Goal

Options
MarlaStuck
MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
Good Morning Goal Seekers...
Ok, so how did setting goals work for everyone?

Please remember when setting your goals to make them specific enough that you can measure achievement. And set long and short term goals. When you set attainable goals it encourages progress towards those big goals. Please remember this is our lifestyle changes and quick fixes are very difficult to build into a lifetime regime. When you set these goals you want to check the 6 sources needed to make a "change" stick. I learned this from the book "change anything" sorry lent it out can't remember authors.... But you have to look at motivation and ability for 3 areas.

First is personal: Why do you want to do this (motivation)--- Are you physically able to (ability)
Second is Social: Do you have support or sabotagers (motivation) --Do you have support of many that have been there? (abiltiy)
Third is Structural: Gyms and Good food are expensive (motivation)-- Do you have the clothes needed to workout in? Equipment? (ability)

It looks like a lot, but honestly once you are able to successfully navigate the 6 sources you literally can change anything and make it stick. This group helps me with accountability, and support of many. I have been successful with the help of friends made here, because honestly, my hubby (love him dearly) but talk about a sabotager--he would eat mexican food 3 times a day if he could. I started carrying my gym bag with me and pass the gym on way home (so I have to go-or I'm guilt ridden). When I was a fast food junky; I started putting my purse in the trunk so that if I stopped i would have to make a concerted effort to get the money out and usually could talk myself into healthier choices.

so....I did my check in with measurements prior to this post--you? I use my night time weight because when I reach my long term goal of the night time weight being goal I have REALLY made it :wink:

Not all goals are weight changes and that is great too. This is to our healthy lifestyles and achieving what each of us want.

So today please look at your goals, check what your goals are for this next week because next Sunday we will ask to share what our accomplishments for the week were. This week let's have a little fun.... Please post where you live.

I am in Dundee, Michigan small town in lower southeast of the mitten state.

Good luck everyone, and thank you for joining this team of successful goal seekers. P.S. Doggie photos and Kitty photos are always welcome in my book.
Warm Regards,
Marla :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am in Madison, WI. Perfect spring day here!!!
  • laura920
    laura920 Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. Our claim to fame is we are the mushroom capital of the world! Kennett is about 45 minutes south and west of Philadelphia.

Happy to be in another group with Marla, feel free to add me as a MFP friend!

Laura
  • parnyparn
    parnyparn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I live in Califon Nj only been hear a year so dont know much abut this town since we have moved quite a bit due to my husband being an engineer.
  • lilibe
    lilibe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in a town about 45 min northeast of Salt Lake City, UT. So far I've been pretty good about tracking my calories, except for yesterday (we went to a Derby party and I'm sure I went way over).
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Northern California! :-)
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I live in Ontario, Canada...and we are FINALLY starting to get nice weather!!!

My goals for this week are:
    (1) Weigh under 140 pounds next Monday morning; which will entail commitment to doing everything I know that I need to do, especially when it comes to my calorie consumption. [I will weigh in on Friday morning and then again on Monday morning.]
    (2) Transition back into exercising in the mornings [at least three times this week].
    (3) Get out at night with my girls after dinner for fresh air and easy exercise and enjoyment [at least two times this week].

I obviously need to take the little steps!
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week are:
    (1) Strength work M-TH the balance of my lunch break. At the least 15 mins.
    (2) Eat as close to my allotted my calories per day - net within 100
    (3) Tackle my "hill" walk T & W - complete 3 times up & down hill.
  • Christinamarie77
    Christinamarie77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ~drop 2lbs or a combined 2 to 3 inches total from my body measurements. (it's not all viewable on the scale).
    ~up my cardio
    ~stick to my caloric intake and logging it (This was my only goal last week and I did it AND lost 2 lbs on top of it)

I'm from Central NJ
  • sixxfan4ever
    sixxfan4ever Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    First of all I have lost 4 pounds!!! :smile: This week I am going to continue to log in what I eat daily, continue to do my walking, and watching the calories. Good luck everyone on another successfull week!!!

I am from Monticello, MN....about 45 minutes NW of the Twin Cities. And for those who are curious, my real name is Beth. Im just obsessed with NIKKI SIXX...hense my username!! :love:
  • kellymckibkib
    kellymckibkib Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am from Bozeman, Montana!

I am excited to be apart of this group and this type of goal setting is right where I need to be. I want to make small steps that become a part of who I am and create a new baseline of a healthy lifestyle.

Looking at my those three ability areas:
    Personal: I want to be healthy in mind and body. I have always struggled with weight and I am tired of the constant feelings of failure. So I want to kick it, really kick this weight.
    Social: I have the support of my husband but he has nevertheless really struggled with weight and doesn't understand how it effects me emotionally. I am looking for friends to help support me, so please fried me!
    Structural: I live right by this awesome park where I can walk for 30 minutes up a hill and see some beautiful mountains. So I want to walk everyday and do a 30 minute yoga routine to increase flexibility.

My goals for this week are: walk everyday followed by yoga (takes 1 hour total) and log in everyday.
    SW 215
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Finished week one and will weigh in tomorrow. I'm happy with what I've been eating. I need to increase exercise although I've been consistent, which is usually my big downfall.

My first goal is to lose four pounds by June 1st, which is when my oldest son graduates from High School. I've lost about five so far and want to keep losing about one pound a week.

My overall goal is to keep losing and get healthier so that I can be more active... we have a big vacation this summer which will involve a lot of walking and I want to be able to keep up with my husband and three kids. I also REALLY want to be excited about clothes and what I can wear instead of being depressed every time I get dressed in anything other than sweatpants!

I live in a small town south of Boston, MA

New friends welcome!!!
    ~Allie
  • daniebeth315
    daniebeth315 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Just joined this group and so excited to have something aiming for Jul. I get my wedding dress in at the beginning of July and I want to have lost 10 lbs by then (8 weeks so 1-2 lbs a week). This will bring me closer to my october goal of weighing 145 and a waist of under 28 inches. I am notorious for starting and setting goals and never following through so support/accountability is appreciated!

My goal specifically for this week is to log my food/exercise everyday and to workout 6 days this week, even if it's just taking my dog for a walk (though she prefers to run, great motivation!)

SW: 166
    GW (Jul): 155
    GW (Oct): 145
  • cathybabe70
    cathybabe70 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. I live in Southern California...Riverside area.

My goals for this week are: 1.continue to log my food and exercise daily. 2. Bump up my workouts from 3 days a week to 5 and get some strength training in on at least 2 of those days. 3.To increase the distance I walk/run on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 7.5 miles to 8 and work on increasing my endurance and speed. 4. To get out of the 170's by losing another 2.8 pounds. 5. To try some new low calorie recipes.

My current weight is 172.7 and my overalll goal is to lose another 36 pounds...hopefully before my half-marathon in October.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hello, I live in chicago, Illinois.

My first goal for this week is to NOT snack between means or taste anything that I am not going to deduct from my calorie allowance.
    My second is to get three days of running for at least 30 min. I would like to set more goals but I need to prove to myself that i can attain these two first. I am at 181 and my goal weight is 160.
  • joimaree
    joimaree Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a Kenosha WI girl. I started the month of May doing 2 different challenges that I found on Facebook - one is 30 days of squats and the other is 30 days of crunches. My goal is to stick through the challenge. I also need to build in more days for strength training.

WIshing everyone luck towards their goals and for a great results in 2013.
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It sounds like everyone has set wonderful and realistic goals, bit by bit and long term. We also have a large variety geographicly as well. I hope that everyone's week has started off well and it continues on like so!
  • KaeChelle77
    KaeChelle77 Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi I'm Karen and I'm from Texas. I'm late at checking in, but here I am. My goals for this week (starting on Monday 5/6) have been to pay attention to my body and eat only when hungry and exercise 5 days out of 7. I am going to make Monday morning my official check in from here on out since Sunday is when this challenge is updated.

SW: May 1-263
    CW: May 9 -261.5
    GW: July 4 - 250