I'm new here!

skinnylady2014
skinnylady2014 Posts: 101 Member
Hello everybody,

I just joined MFP 8 days ago at the invitation of an old friend. Am slowly learning my way around and am excited about the many possibilities here! I am especially pleased to see a Christian forum.

I'm 59, divorced, and live alone.

Will add more later!

Replies

• GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    it's very great to meet you. I've been divorced since 2003.
  • lhammond5
    lhammond5 Posts: 11
    Hello everybody,

I just joined MFP 8 days ago at the invitation of an old friend. Am slowly learning my way around and am excited about the many possibilities here! I am especially pleased to see a Christian forum.

I'm 59, divorced, and live alone.

Will add more later!

Happy to meet you! Be blessed.
  • Morning all. I'm new to this thread, but not MFP. I've been away for a while, thinking I could take care of things on my own, but realized I missed and needed the support offered here!

My problem in the past with dieting has been "worshipping" the diet instead of God. I'm going to do things differently this time and go to Him first!

Hope you all have a blessed day!
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    I so relate to this sheri P. I've had the same problem. I began taking a course called In His Image ( for those who undereat) like me. I am on my 34th day with this and it is helping me a lot to find my triggers and opening real awareness. from how much I put an idol over calories, excessive work outs, food this is helping me not to be afraid of food and place all my worship in God.
  • skinnylady2014
    Thank you for all the responses and comments. Yes, I have asked God's guidance in this weight loss and getting healthier process!!!

Everybody, let's have an awesome week!!!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Very nice to meet you! One of our members greatfoodlady started a faith-based weight loss group study today for anyone that wanted to join. We are reading "Made to Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst. I'm sure you could still join if you are interested! :flowerforyou:
  • sabbrown40
    sabbrown40 Posts: 41
    Hello everyone. I wish you the favor of God in your life and the best of the best in your weight loss journeys. Through Christ we can do all things.
  • flowergirl45
    flowergirl45 Posts: 47 Member
    Good Morning Sisters, Just wanted to see how everyone is doing. Just thinking about how God has brought all of us together. As we go through our day I think about the things God has called us to do - taking care of our family, helping our neighbor, working our jobs, worshiping him as we go through our day. Every day I want to remember to have the gospel on my lips, ready to give an account for the hope that is within me. There are lost souls out there, or I should say sinners that need to know how they can have their sins wiped clean and have Christ's perfect and holy righteousness imputed to them. :heart: God's perfect one time sacrifice averts God's wrath against us! Christ gloriously rose from the grave and is sitting at the right hand of God the Father. We too shall be raised up. That should motivate us to do the good works God prepared for us. Praying for all of you this morning. Grace and Peace.
  • skinnylady2014
    Good morning All! I would love to hear updates as the faith based group progresses .