I think this shall be my new bike

Options
BusyRaeNOTBusty
BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
http://www.scott-sports.com/global/en/products/227690009/bike-spark-940-xl/#.UXK4c8oz-So

Not until May when I'm going to demo it but I'm excited (unless on demo I decide I don't like it). I drove it around the parking lot and liked it best out of the 3 I rode in the parking lot. I've never had a new-to-me nice bike. :happy:

Replies

• GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Full suspension! Fancy!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options
    I have a full suspension now, it's just a 12 year old hand me down. In CO almost everyone has a full suspension.
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I've never ridden a Scott before, but it looks like a great bike! My first and only purchase for myself was a lower end Gary Fisher, but have since had the frame warranty replaced with a Trek and have upgraded the brakes and wheels. I love riding a bike with descent components and full suspension...makes my rides more enjoyable. Good luck!
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Go for it
    proud owner of a Scott hardtail 29er & a Scott Fo1l 15 road bike
    love 'em
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options
    Crap. For whatever reason it doesn't look like the 940 is available. This means I need to go down a model to the 950, slightly lower components, or up to the carbon 930. I don't really need carbon. Mmmmmm.....
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    Crap. For whatever reason it doesn't look like the 940 is available. This means I need to go down a model to the 950, slightly lower components, or up to the carbon 930. I don't really need carbon. Mmmmmm.....

IF you are the type of person that thinks they will upgrade again to a Carbon bike in the future, just get the Carbon ;)

I did the same thing, I am prone to always looking to upgrade and wasting money on going bigger/faster etc (on cars mainly), that when I started on my bike, I hard a standard chain stocked mountain bike (Halfords) - then decided to upgrade, thought about gong for a light alloy replacement, but in the end just went for the carbon model, and love it and not looking back, or looking to upgrade - so kind of save myself money in the long term.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options
    I've been riding a 12-year-old bike so no, I'm not the type to upgrade a lot.

But now I'm looking at the Scott Genius instead. Longer travel, heavier. Husband still thinks I should go with the Spark (shorter travel, light racing bike).
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Looks like a solid XC or race bike... though I'd wonder who is making the shock for scott...
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Looks like a solid XC or race bike... though I'd wonder who is making the shock for scott...

DT Swiss
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options
    I think I've changed my mind and now want a Genius.

http://genius.scott-sports.com/

Now I have to decide between a 29" inch wheel and a 27.5" wheel. I'm going to go demo both.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I think I've changed my mind and now want a Genius.

http://genius.scott-sports.com/

Now I have to decide between a 29" inch wheel and a 27.5" wheel. I'm going to go demo both.

Are there many tire options for 27.5 at this point? Or at least a tire you know you like? That's was my biggest problem when I got my 29er.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    There are currently not a lot of tire options for 27.5". This is something I would take into consideration. I just bought a 29er and didn't even think about tire options until now that I am looking and there aren't a TON of options out there like there are with 26....
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options
    There are currently not a lot of tire options for 27.5". This is something I would take into consideration. I just bought a 29er and didn't even think about tire options until now that I am looking and there aren't a TON of options out there like there are with 26....

Yeah, that's a good point. 29ers are becoming pretty common but I bet 27.5s aren't yet.
  • IntentionaLiving
    Options
    oooOOOooooOOOOooooo!!!! new bike shopping is so fun :) can't wait to see what you get!