Daily Challenges 5/7/2013

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
This is a check up...How are things going? Should we keep this forum going? What would you like to see? Any changes to the Daily Challenges!

Hit me with your best shot!!!!!! ;D

Peace,
WW

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    This group is one of my original groups and I'm still here because I like the people, I like the topics and your support is absolutely AMAZING, Wonder Woman! I don't know if I would change it. I find that having active people is key to me in the groups. I tend to drop out of groups where I'm either not particpating or not fitting in or the activity is hit or miss. I have other groups where the challenges are much more competive and there are tracking sheets and teams. That's a lot of work on someone's part and I don't look for that here. I enjoy the variety that we bring to the discussions. But if you are getting tired of being the moderator for this group and would like to share the 'work', speak up. I think that the 'work' to keep a daily post going might be a bit challenging some days. .
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest. I don't do the challenges more often than not, but I do look into them every day and I frequently tie that information into something in the future. So anything with an educational spin works for me. Even when I'm already familiar with a certain exercise you want us to try out, and I'm already familiar with, it reminds me about that one and usually a few more similar exercises to play with in the future.

Edit: And I agree with V. Y'all are like a little fitness family.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    As an additional post - I haven't really looked at the number of members on this group but it's amazing to see how many people belong to this group and yet how few people tend to post in reply here consistently. I find that interesting. Granted, many members profiles say they haven't logged in X number of days/months but there are many who have logged today or this week and yet I've never seen then on the discusions. Who knows why not? Maybe they have too many groups they joined and can't keep up with them all. I do wonder if they would notice if the group was disbanded though.

I agree with Aakx3 - I don't always do the fitness exercise challenges either as I have others that I might be working on. But I do learn from them so I'm always checking them out. And yeah for 'family'!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    This group is the ONLY group that I'm in that has something to keep me here, the other groups don't have things posted for months (or, in a few, years.)
    And coming to this group everyday is almost cathartic, I feel a little lost if I don't at least drop in on the challenge: I get exercises that I want to try (like the others, I don't always do them that day or right away, but I know I can always look back and find them) I've gotten some good food tips, and I've gotten educational sites and articles to check out.
    I've had days when I've been ready to give up and I say something in the daily challenge and suddenly I have a bunch of people cheering me on and sharing ideas and tips I might not get from my FL and I've had days that just seeing a challenge is enough of a kick in the pants to keep me going.
    I say keep the group going, yes there are some core people that are here everyday, but there are others who may need to find us here
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    Sorry accidentally double posted, my computer has gremlins today!
  • aakaakaak
    Options

You fed your computer after midnight, didn't you?
  • fajeeta
    fajeeta Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, all!

I'll chime in here. I'm one of those sometimes posters. But I'm that way in life, too. There are some of us out there that sometimes don't talk much. Doesn't mean we're not here and not benefiting from the challenges. Perhaps it's just our personality type.

I only belong to this and one other group. I enjoy the simplicity of that. And I participate in many of the challenges. I like the "confusion" it brings to my workouts. Otherwise I might very well just live on my bike in good weather and neglect the other parts of me that need training, too. I often don't post the results because I feel pretty dumb doing it. Which one of you is just waiting with bated breath to see how many times I squeezed my glutes today? lool

I agree that a challenge a day is loads for one person to be responsible for. WW...would you like to have days off? I'll support you, as well. Don't blame me if it has something to do with cycling or martial arts, tho! lol

I tend to enjoy the days where you challenge us with a body part. i.e. a circuit focusing on glutes or triceps or such. I don't tend to do things like boot camp workouts because it's too much in addition to my rides or other workouts. I am a bit competitive by nature. I love duels. Like who can do the most push ups or squats today sort of thing. I really get into that. Very inspiring, even if I lose. Or how many people can do three minutes of planks today? I guess I was that kid who really busted it for the gold star sticker.

I love ways of "sneaking in" workouts, too, especially with my kids. We've created entire obstacle courses out of your posts. We all got a workout and loads of laughs doing it.

So, my two cents. For whatever it's worth.
  • aakaakaak
    Options
    Maybe we could take turns? Like someone do it for a week then someone else picks it up? Then have a backup for just in case?
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOOVE doing this...the reason I was 'checking in' because I noticed past month 'membership' has gone down so I was not sure if folks were benefiting anymore or if they even care. All the things you said helped me see now.
    Actually I totally agree this keeps me so FOCUSED..if I didn't I really believe I would be a blob....this was how I found FITNESS BLENDER..one of my knew favorite sites....I will keep it coming.
    Thank you for the love and responses and realistic and honest answers! My true blue challenge warriors!

Well, stay tuned to the same Bat channel at the same Bat time tomorrow for the next episode of nah nah nah naaaah BAAAAT-Maaaan!!!!!! LOOOOL!
  • aakaakaak
    Options
    This Fitness Blender?
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options

Nah, it was my work computer, they travel from computer to computer every night to keep from being caught, it was my computer's turn today
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    2 cents...I read this post everyday. Yes I really don't think I have answered many. But I do like the offerings that WW puts up. I mentioned to her the other day...thanks for the all the time & dedication she gives to all of us for new things to try!! And reminders to not forget the stand bys. Thank you again WW!!!!!!!!
  • LynndaThompson
    Options

[/quote

Bah ha ha ha ha!!!]
  • LynndaThompson
    Options
    I just joined this group after searching for one that fit what I was looking for, soo yes PLEASE keep it going!!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    WW, thanks for facilitating this group. You do a great job. :)

One of the reasons I joined this group is because there is not an extended (days-long) time commitment for each challenge like in other groups I've joined. I can participate as my schedule allows.

I've learned about new recipes, new fitness resources & websites, new apps, new exercises, new music!, new...lots of stuff because of this group. I really like that!

Finally, I've made some awesome MFP friends because of this group, and their enthusiasm for health and fitness is contagious. :)

I know you love creating the challenges, WW, but I'd like to let you know I can help out sometimes if you need a break. I've certainly benefitted from this group, so if I can support you I'd be happy to do it. :)
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Hi, all!

I'll chime in here. I'm one of those sometimes posters. But I'm that way in life, too. There are some of us out there that sometimes don't talk much. Doesn't mean we're not here and not benefiting from the challenges. Perhaps it's just our personality type.

I only belong to this and one other group. I enjoy the simplicity of that. And I participate in many of the challenges. I like the "confusion" it brings to my workouts. Otherwise I might very well just live on my bike in good weather and neglect the other parts of me that need training, too. I often don't post the results because I feel pretty dumb doing it. Which one of you is just waiting with bated breath to see how many times I squeezed my glutes today? lool

I agree that a challenge a day is loads for one person to be responsible for. WW...would you like to have days off? I'll support you, as well. Don't blame me if it has something to do with cycling or martial arts, tho! lol

I tend to enjoy the days where you challenge us with a body part. i.e. a circuit focusing on glutes or triceps or such. I don't tend to do things like boot camp workouts because it's too much in addition to my rides or other workouts. I am a bit competitive by nature. I love duels. Like who can do the most push ups or squats today sort of thing. I really get into that. Very inspiring, even if I lose. Or how many people can do three minutes of planks today? I guess I was that kid who really busted it for the gold star sticker.

I love ways of "sneaking in" workouts, too, especially with my kids. We've created entire obstacle courses out of your posts. We all got a workout and loads of laughs doing it.

So, my two cents. For whatever it's worth.

Let's do a plank-off! :)
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    HI Just added myself to this group.... Is there a challenge for tomorrow? :)