3rd week challenge

Options
marcelka77
marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
Hi lovelies,

Wow what a commitment from all of you !!! I am so pleased with your efforts I hope you will like this week's challenges .

This is our third week challenge !!!! Have fun and get healthy!

There is lbs reward for each part of this challenge

max 8 lbs

Exercise
1. 4 days out of 7 of 30-45 min cardio or strength exercise sessions to be spread out during the week as it suits you best!

sessions of jogging, fast walking, cross-trainer or treadmill,Zumba, Aerobics, Dance, DVD , Gym etc.
(moderate cleaning doesn't count ;) !!! )

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed to do at least 4 sessions!!!

2. Try something new or something you didn't do for a while - independent exercise of your choice for 30 min session at least!!! I know its getting harder to come up with something new :-)) ... so don't worry too much it can be anything interesting unusual - special you would like to share :-))

If you lack inspiration, you can try swimming, clubbing (DANCING!!!), another class at your local gym, or that new DVD , take tennis rackets and go play tennis with kids in park ... or football ... I found out trampoline extremely hard in 0 challenge :-) and since I went to work last week I repeated it 2x and love it :-))

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed

so this week we will concentrate on abs and booty and upper body strength !!! And main challenge Crunch and squats

At least 135 squats and 135 crunches spreaded in 3 days and as new exercise try 135 push ups again spreaded in at least 3 days

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed 2 lbs for most BUT DON'T OVER DO

4. Don't forget to take a day rest! Your body needs it.

5. For the WEEK 2 FOOD challenge, I thought we might still keep it BASIC ( I think we will always keep it basic ) ! Let's take this week to focus on 5 A DAY and cooking and preparing dish with veg and/or fruit - let other inspire you with their choices and recipes ! I know from looking into diaries - there is so many of you skipping it , but girls (as far as I know we don't have a man in our challenge) come on this is not good for us.

there is NO excuse girls and having 7x your 5 a DAY is the only way to get 1 lbs advantage (sorry there is only medical excuse not to have a fruit /veg - please let me know if you need exception)

Keep drinking water - even if it is not our topic!!! I hope you picked up some good tips. I hope you got inspired with fish recipes and will keep eating 2x a week fish or other meals that include omega-3 fatty acids as a highlight. And I hope breakfast is your meal for ever .

cooking challenge
Also, I will be doing Cooking Challenge for week 3. It will run from today may6th - may 13th . I need the pictures and ingredients of 1 dish you were having this week for yourself. It has to have at least 2 portion of 5 a day . I will be judging on healthiness, calorie amount and presentation .

You must send picture + recipe here
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/980731-cooking-preparing-food-challenge-5-a-day

Best recipe will get 2 lbs advantage for week 3 weigh in and everyone who post picture will get 1lbs

To sum it
4/7 sessions of exercise 1lbs advantage
1 session of something special - let us know what - 1lbs advantage
135 Crunches 135 squats 135 push ups - spread in 3 days - 1 lbs for the everyone who manage to do all + extra 1 lbs for person with most of all
7x your 5 a day foods - 1 lbs advantage
recipe - 1 lbs for everyone who post recipe extra 1 lbs for best recipe

Replies

• marcelka77
    Options
    1 last lb is for person who motivates you the most in your team . This person is going to be voted by other members of team.
  • yoyotired
    yoyotired Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It has to have at least 2 portion of 5 a day .

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??? In regards to the cooking challenge?
  • marcelka77
    Options
    2 portion of your 5 a day for example hand of raisin is 1 a day 1 apple is 1 a day so combining this 2 items in 1 dish would count as 2 portions of veg/fruit

What counts as 1 portion of 5 A DAY portion sizes

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/5ADAY/Pages/Portionsizes.aspx
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,153 Member
    Options
    Another question - is it 135 or 180 crunches and squats? In the text you wrote 135, in the summary 180... Just to make sure...

And I think the idea of giving 1 lb to the most motivating person in the team great!! This way you are encouraged to interact more :-)
  • marcelka77
    Options
    Its135/135/135

That is 45/45/45 a day 3 sets of 15
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,153 Member
    Options
    Okay, thanks!
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Ninja so I started juicing. I make a Green Drink wich is kale ,baby spinach ,carrots ,an apple and blueberries. I drink 16oz twice a day. Will this count towards my fruit and veggie goal ?
  • getsmexyback3
    Options
    4/7 aerobic exercise
    Did squats but not that many. I will challenge myself this week. Body is sore and I need a massage majorly. Still going to the chiropractor so I cannot do BodyPump yet so I been strengthening my core with ab workouts. Getting massage therapy this week...yay! Body feels old... ugh. : P

203 lbs.