Introduction

Options
iputtheawinlawl
iputtheawinlawl Posts: 17 Member
Introduce yourself!

Give your name, a goal you've set for yourself this month/year/lifetime, what area you're from, and any activities you would like to be part of!

I'm Laurel.
I plan to lose 10lbs this month.
I live in Castle Shannon.
I would like to do a city wide scavenger hunt!

Replies

• JMock13
    JMock13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you were looking for a scavenger hunt, there is one on June 9th start on the North side. its called the Ultimate Urban Scavenger hunt. A few of my friends and I are doing it after Color me Rad that day. It sounds like fun :)

My name is Jessica and im in MT. Washington
    Goal: Lose 5lbs this month
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I'm Vince. I no longer live in the Pittsburgh area - but lived in Highland Park, Richland Twp, and Penn Hills - now in San Antonio TX - so I can't really participate in Pittsburgh activities!
  • livingdeadbuddha
    livingdeadbuddha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jamie. Right now I live in Lawrenceville, and work downtown. My big undertaking is the marathon this weekend.
  • ale527
    ale527 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Aly, a small goal I have is to lose about 5 pounds by the end of the month.
    I live in the South Hills area and it would be awesome to do a kayaking activity with some fellow Pittsburgh MFPers!
  • iputtheawinlawl
    iputtheawinlawl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @JMock13
    I would absolutely love to EXCEPT I am going to be in GA that weekend :(
    That's why I'm going to the shore to run the Jersey Color Me Rad 5k too. :)
  • JMock13
    Options
    @iputtheawinla HAVE FUN!!! its like the best 5k :) So excitied to do it again this year :)
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm Kathy
    I live in Punxsutawney, I only go to Pittsburgh to shop!
    My goal is to lose the 10 pounds I gained over winter.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Lynn.
    I live in Millvale.
    My goal is to lose 5 pounds this month. I have a lot going on until about August. (Only a few free weekends between now and then).
    I work in Oakland. I love to walk. I do like to try different things. So, I would be interested in doing different activities if I am free.
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

I'm Natalie - live over by the waterfront area and my goal is to lose 8-10 lbs this month... i've never kayaked but would def be interested. I also am DYING to do the Go Ape course at North Park...
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am Rosemarie from the North Hills (Ross Twp) I would like to get any information about activities in North Park.
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm Jodi
    I live in the North Hills area
    I am pretty much at my goal weight (maybe 5 more pounds) but I really want to get fit and toned.
    I am training for a 5K that is coming up in a few weeks and possibly a 10K in October.
    I don't have a lot of time for other activities (I have 3 kids and they keep me pretty busy) but if something fun and exciting comes up I might be interested!
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I'm Stephen. Originally from Texas, but now working in Pittsburgh (commuting from Ohio). Yup, it's a lot of drive time. My goal is simply to try and get in the best shape I can. I set event goals to help keep me motivated. Recently I signed up to do the Pittsburgh Triathlon again (Sprint distance). Later this summer, I'm also planning to do Warrior Dash and Tough Mudder.
  • chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Patty..live in the North Hills (Shaler) and I guess my goal would be to eat moderately and not like a pig on a daily basis:) Increase exercise and decrease the cheescake:)
  • greybeh
    greybeh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm Heather.
    I have over 100lbs to lose but I'm fine with slow progress as long as I'm making progress!
    I live in Castle Shannon (glad to see someone else who does!)
    I will be doing the 5K Arthritis walk in June. I am trying to walk a lot more often. A walking group might be fun! I don't drive so I take the trolley/bus wherever I plan to go.
  • JMock13
    Options
    @Greybeh, Walking grp is in awesome idea :) I don't drive either but w/ the Jail Trail, Southside trail and North side River walk trail which are really nice we can totally set something up like sat/sun am or evening. That would be awesome
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in walking sometimes. I walk the trail from Millvale to Heinz field and back and is 6 miles round trip. I love that trail. I would be willing to do other parts of trail sometimes too.