Does your net calorie goal make you feel anxious?

Options
LBinSF
LBinSF Posts: 81 Member
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone else feel like MFP's net calorie goal for you makes you anxious?

It's been a LONG time since I've had a 1500 net calorie day (i.e. a stringent dieting day).

For some reason I feel anxious about having to stick to 1500 calories - like I might starve or feel hungry. This is ridiculous, right?

'The Diet Solution' - which is a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Diet book by Dr.Judith Beck (who used CBT methods on hersefl to lose signifant weight) - recommends experimenting with being hungry; and noticing that you don't die, have an emotional breakdown, etc.

My big worry is with regard to feeling hungry - like I might feel uncomfortable or light-headed or shaky (from low blood sugar).

Does anyone else have this fear?

I must admit that I'm not hugely motivated to lose the last 20 pounds so this group is helping me to think about all the daily activities/ nutrition & weight monitoring/ and ESPECIALLY exercise.

I'm happy to be back within a normal weight range for my height; 5'9 1/2" - size 12 jeans, & size 10 dresses if they have a full or A-line skirt. Whereas before at peak weight I had gotten up to size 20 jeans and size 2X dresses.

So today - will try to achieve an 1800 net calorie day. That sounds like enough food to work with, especially if I do a little workout at the gym.

Just curious if anyone else has this anxious feeling about limiting her/his food... Thanks for your thoughts!

Replies

• abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    It's strange, but I'm feeling like its a chore to eat. I'm eating healthy foods, but it takes a lot of them so I can net my 1460. Just finished diner and instill have 664 to go. Blah. The more I exercise, the more I'm supposed to eat? I hope I'm doing this right, because I feel as if I'm eating more than ever!
  • FlowersInTheDirt
    FlowersInTheDirt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My net is 1510 and i actually find it hard to reach sometimes, especially on my exercise days!
    I find i eat a lot of low calorie food which means i can eat more of it and thus stay full for longer. If i do find that i am still hungry i have a glass of water, wait 20-30mins and if im still hungry, i eat. There is no point starving yourself - it makes maintaining weight loss unbelievably hard! I find that if im over hungry i binge and ther is nothing worse than that!
    I hope you find something that works for you :flowerforyou:
  • LBinSF
    LBinSF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That's cool. Glad you're having an easy time staying within your net calorie goal!