Base Building confusion

Options
dragon1ady
dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
First off, I have not updated to ZR2 yet, but I plan to, as soon as I finish the Z5K app. I understand that the base I started building when I first tested out ZR1 before accepting my limitations and starting Z5K, will no longer be available after the update. Instead I start over with a new base. Fine, no big deal there.

What happens with supplies that I haven't allocated yet? Will I be able to allocate them to the ZR2 base, or are they gone and wasted and useless now?

Replies

• lizpirate
    lizpirate Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that everything goes away once you upgrade. I figure I'll just wait until I finish the first season to upgrade to the next one!
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    In that case I probably will as well. Thanks! :)
  • gal_amy
    gal_amy Posts: 47
    Options
    I did update right away and everything is gone. Now I am wondering if I have to start everything all over to build a base?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the app a few days after the upgrade came out, so I'm starting from scratch - does this mean since I'm doing the first missions my stuff won't work on the new base? I've been able to add a building or two, but haven't figured out what to do with stuff I pick up on the run...
  • silverschool
    silverschool Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When you download the upgrade, make sure you read through all their tips. On my screen, it has a thing about supplies, letting me know that in order to rebuild my base, only supplies from S2 will work.

It only makes sense that you lose everything from season one (won't go into anything else *spoilers*)

Pay attention to what you are doing as you rebuild everything. Spacing is important! I messed that up with my first rebuild. Whoops.
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    Wait. So if I upgrade to Season 2, I will not be able to build my Season 1 base at all. I'm only three episodes into Season 1! And the base building was one of my favorite things. :(
  • lizpirate
    lizpirate Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't think it should matter too much as long as you don't upgrade yet. No rush for the new episodes, anyhow.
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    I don't think it should matter too much as long as you don't upgrade yet. No rush for the new episodes, anyhow.

Oh, good point. I will give that a try and see what happens! :)
  • Bob_Sutton
    Bob_Sutton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes, once you upgrade the season 1 base in no longer available.

If you upgrade supplies you get during season 1 missions are usable for the new base building. One difference is there are now 2 types of items, supplies (the items you collect during the mission) and materials (which are gained by completing a mission. For season 2 missions you will receive 3 materials the 1st time you complete it, 2 the 2nd, 1 the 3rd, and 0 if you repeat it more than 3 times. Season 1 missions will give you 1 material the first time you complete it, if you already completed some the latest update will awards you 1 for each of those missions retroactively.
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    So everything I collect in S1 (materials and supplies both) can be used on the S2 base, just not anything that I have stockpiled from before the upgrade? Can I access the S2 base right away, or not until S2?

(My inner PC Gamer tends to obsess over details like these...)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I just got a massive credit on my ZR2 base from the ZR1 supplies & base. Trust me it's all good. I managed to upgrade so many of my things & then get new ones.
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    So it sounds as if whether I upgrade or not, I can still build my base, which i the big thing I care about here. In other words, all is well and I will stop worrying.

Thank you everyone for answering my questions. :)